Evening Primrose Oil?

I quoted this from Bargello's regimen:
[ QUOTE ]
Evening Primrose: There is so much to say about this essential fatty acid. It contains Omega-6 Fatty Acid (Gamma-Linolenic Acid). This is a good Omega-6 Fatty Acid. It has several benefits of which I will only name a few. Some of the benefits are reducing PMS, clearing up eczema, helping your skin glow, minimize fine wrinkles, reduce cholesterol, help with your metabolism, and cure hair and nail problems. It helps nourish straw-like hair. You really only need 480-960 mg of GLA to reap wonderful benefits. I personally take 500mg/day. You should see results with Evening Primrose as early as 2 weeks of daily consumption. Your scalp should feel less dry and the hair growing in should feel softer and more nourished.

Flaxseed Oil: Now flaxseed Oil is wonderful in the sense that it contains both Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega-3 Fatty Acid) and Gamma-Linolenic Acid (Omega-6 Fatty Acid). Omega-3 is very important in our bodies too. We need both to help maintain a healthy body. Omega-3 has been know the help ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder). It is also essential for healthy hair, skin, and nails. It helps hair in the same way Omega-6 does. Why take both? Because the cells of the body need both to work properly. Our bodies do not make either of the Fatty Acids, we must supplement. Taking both will help the cells of the body work more efficiently and in return help growth of hair as well as health of hair and body. I take 500mg/day. I really don't think you need more than that, but experiment. You might find your body does need more.

[/ QUOTE ]

HTH,
Jen

At Safeway Nature's Resource Evening Primrose with Vitamin E is on sale for $4.79 until Aug. 24th. There is 1gram in every serving (a serving is 2) so one capsule has 500mg.

Kenesha I believe Rite Aid has the same brand on sale for buy one get one free. I noticed the EPO when I was in there the other day. Pretty good deal.

Kenesha, sorry girl, got out of a late meeting. The sale should last until this Saturday. If you already opened the bottle, you could always buy it from Rite AID and then take one of them back to Safeway and get your money back. It's the same product so they won't know.

Back