Elast QP Glaze, how do y'all work it?

LovelyLionessa

Hey guys, based on all the product recs on the Elasta QP Glaze, I bought a tub and I've been playing around with it. When I first dab it on my edges and brush it in I absoluetly LOVE how it makes my hair look. It's like I've just had a touch up and I've slicked down my hair with an oily pomade. But it only last for one brief shining moment and then it's puffsville again. :perplexed

I am coming to the conclusion that as much as I like to Maxiglide my hair, it is just to darn difficult to maintain stick straight hair, especially around my edges, since stretching my relaxers is essential to my regimen and reversion seems to be my constant companion. :ohwell:

Am I missing something guys on the secret on how to use this stuff and make it last? :confused:

I had the same issues with QP glaze. It's amazing at first but then it just melts and my hair puffs back up.

Tancho Wax stick works pretty well to lay down edges and keep them there - no water to revert either but you can't use too much.

I also sometimes use CD Healthy Hair butter and then put my scarf on.

At this point, I am wondering if I should just bite the bullet and whip out my Softee Coconut oil grease and see if that would do the trick. :scratchch

My edges used to never bother me so much before when I'd stretch my relaxers. But then I had to go and discover the joys of flat ironing, only to fight a losing battle maintaining the look around my hairline. :ohwell:

I need to go back to a textured look. Excuse me while I go and moisturize and oil my hair and put it in a twistout for the night. :look:

Does anyone else have any advice to offer up about this product? :look:

I am going to suspend operations of using this product until further notice and just give my hair some TLC.

i don't have any recs on this product but for edges, i highly recommend Remedi Anti Breakage Cream... it's really good at laying the edges down like a fresh perm with no reversion... especially if you tie it down with a scarf for a few minutes afterward... i loved it when i was totally relaxed and i still love it now that i'm tex'd... :D

I have to use mine on wet hair, slick down and use a little more than you think is necessary, brush a little and tie down. I never have a problem except when I use it on dry hair (crispy mess!) I hope it works better for you! My hair loves this stuff :)

I had the same problem. I find that it melts more in the summer. I didn't have that problem in the winter. It does work better on wet hair. I use the mango butter on my edges and smooth just a little glaze on top for shine.

Thank you soooo much guys for the tips and the recs. I will definitely try using it on damp hair after my next wash and maybe I'll even spritz a tiny bit of distilled water or a homemade conditioning mix I'm thinkin' of whipping up to dampen the area and then I'll put the Glaze over it and see how I do. :scratchch

This morning after doing battle yet again with my edges and textlaxed area around the hairline, I whipped out the Glaze and gave it another try. This time I gave the textlaxed hair more moisture and oil, wheareas I used only a dab of the Glaze on dry hair. It seemed to work better this way. Before I was trying to smother my underprocessed hair with it and the edges, but I think I have to use it primarily for edge control only. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

Back