EGG/MAYO FOR PROTEIN?

Yes you can. A couple of years ago, while working overseas i would use egg, mayo and olive oil (as a conditioner)at least 2 times a week and my hair thrived.

I did this Friday. I used mayo, Evoo, and i added some honey to mine and let it sit for an hour and a half. And then i did a co-wash followed by a dc. my hair felt so thick and soft and its so bouncy. I'm definitely trying it again.

As far as doing it every week, i don't know. I read somewhere that you can have too much protein and too much isn't good for you. But i would try at least twice a month first.

Yes you can. A couple of years ago, while working overseas i would use egg, mayo and olive oil (as a conditioner)at least 2 times a week and my hair thrived.

Are you saying you mixed the three together twice a week or mixed one of the two with oil?....so neither one is considered a HARD protein treatment?

I did an egg/cholesterol treatment every two weeks for about two months. It was okay, but I did not feel any remarkable change. :ohwell: It was just cold and runny.

This must've been the mayo weekend... I mixed up mayo, avocado, honey, rosemary EO, and evoo for a 45 minute prepoo. Soft, shiny hair w/little shedding.

When I tried this method, it made my hair hard as a rock and it was hard to get out. How long do you leave it in? I only left mine in for a few minutes and it was difficult to wash out.

When I tried this method, it made my hair hard as a rock and it was hard to get out. How long do you leave it in? I only left mine in for a few minutes and it was difficult to wash out.

You should NOT get under a dryer with egg/mayo, like you would do a DC. Don't even rinse your hair out with warm water. The egg can fry in your hair. Been there...done that. :ohwell:

So when using egg as a protein treatment, do you use just the whites or the whole egg?

TIA

the egg whites are all that is necessary. but i just use all of it... 4 eggs and a cup of mayo. you can add olive oil for extra moisture. after rinsing i deep condition with a V05 conditioner... they smell nice and take any mayo-egg scent out of your hair. :yep:

i did them once a month at first, now i'm up to once a week. i LOVE em! :lick:

mcelweewife from BHM does them weekly I believe.

I've done them weekly, they work just as god as aphogee protein treatments imo.
If you put it on your hair, and let it dry---it will be just like the aphogee hard treatment
If you leave it on for 30min-2hrs with a plastic cap----like a regular protien treatment

My hair is alittle protein sensative though, so it kind of makes my hair feel like a light henna treatment had been done, and it also makes egg peices in your hair if you forget to rinse on cold, or deepconditon with heat like i sometimes do (forgetfull) With my hair, i would use 1x every 2 weeks, but if your not protein sensative, i think it would be straight.

the egg whites are all that is necessary. but i just use all of it... 4 eggs and a cup of mayo. you can add olive oil for extra moisture. after rinsing i deep condition with a V05 conditioner... they smell nice and take any mayo-egg scent out of your hair. :yep:

i did them once a month at first, now i'm up to once a week. i LOVE em! :lick:

thanks for sharing ladylibra...I will use only the egg whites in my treatment next month and report back.

Back