Edges

Much2much41

Hello,

I accidently posted this is the meeting forum, so you may have seen this, but for those who didn't, what do you use on your edges to smooth them, especially when stretching your relaxers? I'm on the no heat challenge, so I can't use a flat iron or anything, and I notice nobody here uses gel. How do you get your edges to lie down, especially the 4b's? Please assist the hair illiterate :dizzy:

When I air dry, I put all my hair in a low pony, then apply some sort of oil then I tie my hair down with a scarf. This helps with my egdes

I'm not a 4b, but I use a water spray bottle and some Elasta QP glaze. Water first, then glaze, then brush. If I do it right, it will look like I just got a touch-up. :)

I just apply my leave in which is garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in conditioner adn tie down with a scarf and viola I'm good for the day. I am currently 12 weeks post and counting and it lays down pretty well

I use gel. Aveda makes a great gel that does not pull the hair out when combing.
I co wash everyday so combing hair with gel in it is not a problem for me.

I use a butter cream by a company called Sistas Place in Durham NC. It has shea butter(unrefined) as the first ingredient, then I wear a satin scarf for about 10-20 minutes and it looks nice and smooth.

dlewis said:
I use gel. Aveda makes a great gel that does not pull the hair out when combing.

Which one do you use? I went on their site, and they have several

I am certified 4b with thickness and nappiness for days!! Carols Daughter helped me!! I use Healthy Hair Butter as a leave-in and then I spray water and seal with Mimosa Hair Honey and tie with a scarf for 30 minutes!! It gives sheen and super smoothness to my five inches of new growth....it even smooths my kitchen!!

BONUS! It works and the products are natural and free of mineral, petrolatum, cones, and parabens...(one day I hope for all of my products to be this way...sigh...)

dlewis said:

I would like to know which Aveda Gel you use also.

Back