Eco Styler vs. Fantasia IC

Evolving78

i have noticed a lot of women are starting to use Eco Styler gel instead of IC Gel. is it better than the IC? it is more moisturizing, or is this just a new product bandwagon?

what say you?

I prefer the Olive Oil Eco Styler gel to the clear Fantasia IC Gel !!!

For some reason my hair stopped responding to the IC Gel; it would just soak it up providing no hold whatsoever & make my hair feel tacky.

The green Eco Styler gel is just as moisturizing as the IC gel, but it provides a good hold, a nice sheen & I can REALLY pile it on before my hair becomes flaky or feels sticky if used alone.

I tend to be heavy handed with gel if I bun & the Eco Styler gel & ORS Edge control are the only products that provide a sleek look while keeping my hair soft.

I don't use gel often anymore but, for me, the IC gel is better for slicking my hair back and EcoStyler is better for holding actual styles.

The IC gel I used got cloudy after I lent it to someone. Maybe it has some other product in it. Either way, I need to throw it out and try the EcoStyler.

I love EcoStyler (olive oil)! It has great hold and shine, with minimal flakes. IC gel just sits on my hair, and turns white. It also doesn't hold all day on my hair.

I think Ecostyler(the clear one) is very tacky/sticky. I very rarely use it. I just use it for when I have half wigs. Or If I wanna keep my twistout lasting for more than a day.

I tried the IC after my transition and was not happy with the results I was getting. After much youtubing I picked up the Olive Oil Eco Styler and was very happy with the results.

The IC tended to make my hair hard no matter how much or little I used. The Eco keeps my hair firm but not rock hard.

The IC gave me little flakes that were really annoying. No flakes for me with Eco.

The IC doesn't come in a size that will make it worth me purchasing it all the time. The Eco comes in a huge jar and I've had it for 2 months and I've still not gotten down to half the container yet and it was only 4-5 bucks...

Even thought the Eco has the Olive Oil in in and it's more moisturizing that the IC (for me anyway) for my curly puffs I used Hollywood's Olive Oil moisturizer in combo with the Eco...So soft :)

For some reason my hair stopped responding to the IC Gel; it would just soak it up providing no hold whatsoever & make my hair feel tacky.

The green Eco Styler gel is just as moisturizing as the IC gel, but it provides a good hold, a nice sheen & I can REALLY pile it on before my hair becomes flaky or feels sticky if used alone.

I tend to be heavy handed with gel if I bun & the Eco Styler gel & ORS Edge control are the only products that provide a sleek look while keeping my hair soft

This was exactly my experience after a while no matter how much IC gel I would put on there was no hold, I have both the clear and olive oil version of the ecostyler gel. I have not tried the olive oil version yet however the clear gives me hold and softness but i use a bit of JBCO so I don't get hardness b/c I tend to be heavy. handed. IMO ecostyler is good stuff i love it.

I use the eco styler olive oil gel to slick down my hair when I put it into a bun. I did use the fantasia IC gel to define my curls when my hair was shorter.

This was exactly my experience after a while no matter how much IC gel I would put on there was no hold, I have both the clear and olive oil version of the ecostyler gel. I have not tried the olive oil version yet however the clear gives me hold and softness but i use a bit of JBCO so I don't get hardness b/c I tend to be heavy. handed. IMO ecostyler is good stuff i love it.

this has happened to me before with other products - it usually means that i need to clarify my hair. this applies more to us ladies because we like to co-wash and that's just not enough to remove some products (especially if we use them daily).

I can't compare the two because I've never used the Eco Styler.... but I like the olive oil (green) Fantasia IC. I apply it one day, slap on a scarf for about ten minutes or so, and BAM I'm good to go! The next day I just spritz with water, smooth, tie it down, and go. I don't have to reapply daily and I like that! :yep:

No flakes with the green but with the CLEAR.... :nono: :nono: :nono: it was awful. AND if it didn't like another product my hair would get a hazy cast on it. :nono:

I like the ecostyler better than the IC because it gives my hair more hold and shine. It also doesn't have those stupid sparklites in it. They used to give me clumps and flakes.

The clear and and olive didn't hold for me either. The blue one was the only one that worked for me. The olive oil IC smelled funny to me too. I really like the olive ecostyler though. It's my favorite one. The clear one worked good too. The pink was alright. The yellow and the blue didn't hold all that great.

Back