Early rave for Lenzi's Request

jada1111

I've only used this twice, but I can give it a positive rave for:

1) Tingling my scalp (no menthol or sulfur) - it was tingling and itching off and on like crazy throughout the day, but calmed down the next day. Don't know if that means accelerated growth, but I hope so. :

2) Softening my hair at the roots - my hair feels so soft near the scalp and the hair around the edges looks healthy as well. Since this is supposed to be used for the scalp only, I purchased the Hair Souffle yesterday for the rest of my hair. I like anything that makes my hair feel soft and non greasy.

3) I love the scent. It was important for this growth aid NOT to smell like sulfur. :nono: That is the nastiest scent anywhere next to Carols Daughter Hair Milk. I called first to make sure and the owner (Ms. Sue) said "Sulfur is for your cars not for your hair." :giggle:

They don't list the full ingredients: Olive oil, unpetrolatum, essential oils and fragrance. That's it. Well, whatever it contains must be working, because I have not found one bad review for this product. Everyone said they experienced growth and filled in edges.

Tried doing the castor oil thing, but I couldn't stand the smell of that either. My nose is very sensitive to certain scents, which is why I can't tolerate many of Carols Daughter's products.

My edges need thickening up and if extra growth comes from that, then great. I only care about my getting my edges back on point. Will be posting before and after pics a month from today to chart progress.

So far, I like this product for the price ($12) and even at the size of 4 oz, it will definitely last a long time, because you only need a little.

From their website (http://www.sunriseproductsonline.com/main.sc):

"Un-petroleum is one of our chief ingredients rather than petroleum which can be drying and damaging to hair. Our solutions do not contain any ingredients that may be harmful to your hair such as alcohol and mineral oil or petroleum."

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Early in my hair journey I used MTG and after it was used up I haven't purchased another growth aide but I might try this.

Back