Dr. Joyce Williams Hair Food Users: How are you applying it and when do you use it?

outspokenwallflower

My bottle of Hair Food came today and I'm so excited to try it. I tried diggin around in some of the old threads but didn't really come across any clear answers (at least not clear enough for my slow brain:spinning:) So for those of you who have used (and love) this product:

Where do you apply it? Scalp, hair or both?

When do you apply it? Do you only use it after washing, on wet hair? Or can you use it on dry hair? Can you use it as a moisturizer of some sort? Is it not the type of product that can be used daily? (What, I want my hair to grow, lol)

Lastly, lol, How do you apply it? I know some ladies pour it into spray bottles; do you spray it on your scalp only or all over your hair and on your scalp? And for ladies who put it in applicator bottles or the 'Roots Only' bottle, do you only apply in to your scalp as well?

Sorry if these are a lot of questions; any insight, suggestions, recommendations or help would be GREATLY appreciated!:grin:

Re: Dr. Joyce Williams Hair Food Users: How are you applying it and when do you use i

I have not used the product but from what I have read on other threads about it ...it is applied (spray bottle) after washing and conditioning and before styling. I haven't seen her in a while but it was LilaMae's Fotki that I came across when I first saw it...

I haven't heard anything about it being applied to dry hair....I was under the impression that it was protein based so I don't think it would be safe to apply it daily...

Re: Dr. Joyce Williams Hair Food Users: How are you applying it and when do you use i

I started out spraying it on wet hair as a leave-in. It's okay to use it like that, but I prefer creamier leave-ins and I really wasn't able to get as much on my scalp as I wanted.

I now use it in an applicator bottle and apply it directly to my scalp. The smell is somewhat medicinal, but the TINGLE is amazing!:lick: I have used it daily and didn't have any problems. It contains hydrolyzed soy protein, but I didn't feel like I was having protein overload.

I live in the midwest and its been too cold to have a damp head for me, but when it warms up I plan to use this nightly. HTH

Last edited:

I have some of her products....but havent worked them into my regimen. I was a user of ther Hair food for a while and then stopped using it as being a PJ and just havin too many products that i was trying.

I LOVE the hair food - I think it has sparked some serious growth in my hair. I use it every wash - I use it right out of the bottle. I just sporadically part my hair with my fingers and apply it to my scalp (not my hair) - making sure most of my scalp gets the product. Then I massage and go on to use whatever leave in I happen to be using and seal with oil.

I love Hair Food too! I use it after I wash and spray hair and scalp. Love the tingle and it makes my hair very easy to comb through even if I'm over ten week post. My only fear with this product is it seems so poorly known and is sold at so few online stores that it will be discontinued soon. Hope not couse it's a keeper!

I have a bottle that I've been using (inconsistently due to pj'ism).
I pour some in a 2-3 oz spray bottle and spray on my scalp after washing.
I then pour some out of the bottle into my hands and rub throughout my hair and let it air dry.
I really like it but i need to use it consistently to see if I am getting any results.

Back