Don't want to be a Relaxed head anymore

MsRR

I am really trying to go natural due to I think the relaxer is what's been keeping my hair thin all this time. I am 4a with fine hair per Nichi who I had the pleasure of meeting and she is as sweet in person as she is on the hair forum.... How do I stop my hair from breaking on a daily basis when I am combing it....I can hear it breaking at the roots when I comb gently through it...I do weekly wet sets and thats pretty much it..should I flat iron the roots to keep my hair from breaking? Any help is appreciated... Thx.

When I first started transitioning I used to flatiron my roots to porevent them from breaking, but after about 7 months post my hair natural hair used to revert after about 3 days.
So now I'm just washing and doing braidouts. I think you should just experiment to see what you and your hair can handle.

When I first started transitioning I used to flatiron my roots to porevent them from breaking, but after about 7 months post my hair natural hair used to revert after about 3 days.
So now I'm just washing and doing braidouts. I think you should just experiment to see what you and your hair can handle.

Ok I will start with flat ironing the roots..I'm going to get a full sew in next week so hopefully that will help and not hurt my hair. Thx for responding.

I am really trying to go natural due to I think the relaxer is what's been keeping my hair thin all this time. I am 4a with fine hair per Nichi who I had the pleasure of meeting and she is as sweet in person as she is on the hair forum.... How do I stop my hair from breaking on a daily basis when I am combing it....I can hear it breaking at the roots when I comb gently through it...I do weekly wet sets and thats pretty much it..should I flat iron the roots to keep my hair from breaking? Any help is appreciated... Thx.
Hearing your hair break can't possibly be a good sound. :nono: Do you use protein treatments ever? I don't understand how flat ironing your hair can keep it from breaking.
Ok I will start with flat ironing the roots..I'm going to get a full sew in next week so hopefully that will help and not hurt my hair. Thx for responding.
If you plan on transistioning - good for you! There are so many threads on this very topic. Starting out with a weave is what I did in my transistion. I used weaves/kinky twists for the full 9 months I transistioned I believe.

If I were you, I'd get a good protein treatment before the weave and another once I take the weave out. MaKe sure she doesn't braid too tight. Keep your hair moisturized while in the weave too. I co-washed 2-4x a week, moisturized with Scurl an EVCO about 2-3x a week too the last time I had kinky twists in (earlier this year)

Good luck on your journey.

Hearing your hair break can't possibly be a good sound. :nono: Do you use protein treatments ever? I don't understand how flat ironing your hair can keep it from breaking.

If you plan on transistioning - good for you! There are so many threads on this very topic. Starting out with a weave is what I did in my transistion. I used weaves/kinky twists for the full 9 months I transistioned I believe.

If I were you, I'd get a good protein treatment before the weave and another once I take the weave out.

MaKe sure she doesn't braid too tight. Keep your hair moisturized while in the weave too. I co-washed 2-4x a week, moisturized with Scurl an EVCO about 2-3x a week too the last time I had kinky twists in (earlier this year)

Good luck on your journey.

What I mean is by flat ironing the roots it will get them straight like the relaxer would do and there won't be 2 different texture between my new growth and the relax hair...the new growth is thick and when I comb through then I can hear it breaking...hope I explain that well.

Also, won't the protein treatment make my hair some what hard which will make my new growth harder to comb through even with a moisture conditoner afterwards. just asking..still new to all of this. thx.

Back