Doing your full head weave YOURSELF

Lioness

I've been doing the Crown and Glory method (not braids), with full head weaves for nearly a year now and I DEFINITELY believe that this has contributed to consistent and undisturbed growth and health of the hair.

But paying every two months for it to be done at the hairdresser is not fun! I'm a recovering full time student :lol: ........
So I decided to do the sew in myself and thank Jesus it came out as good, or better than when my hairdresser does it.

But my hair has reached armpit length now, and I don't really know what pattern to use to cornrow my hair underneath as it gets longer...

I'd like to know who does full weaves as a protective hairstyle also, and if you do it your self what cornrow pattern do you do underneath?

Thanx:)

What cornrow pattern are you using now? It might be easier to cornrow it straight back and just make the braids smaller since your hair is longer. Taking them side to side or in a circle can get bulky on long hair. I only had a full head once since I usually leave a little bit out in the front around the part. She cornrowed it in a circle on the top and I believe the back went side to side. I don't really remember. I usually get it braided straight back though. HTH...

I also heard that braiding straight back is usually the least bulky way to braid long hair.

Godsflowerrr has long thick hair, and she braids her weaves straight back leaving a little out at the top to cover the tracks.

Check out her thread "My hair is growing...6 month update". Her hair is nearly bra strap and very very thick.

Hopefully she'll chime in here.

Back