Does your man think you are obsessed with Hair?

hairfanatic

I have been trying to get on the forum and couldn't, so I went the the Grow Afro Hair Long website. My husband looked at me and said, "You and those women are really obsessed to the point where it is pure vanity". I turned around and told him if we didn't have men like you that constantly complain when we try to cut or do something different with our hair it wouldn't be an issue. I just had to shut him up by retaliating. /images/graemlins/grin.gif. He is the same person that takes my hair pictures so I guess he's included in my obsession /images/graemlins/wink.gif

My BF likes long healthy hair and he always notices when my hair grows and gets mad ifI cut it . he is always telling me what to do to it and make sure you don't do this and that. He has long hair also....so i guess he is just into that kind of stuff.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He does think it strange that I belong to a forum dedicated to hair.
I tell him that it isn't any different from his obsession with forums dedicated to cars.

LOL....Oh yes he does!!! He is always telling me that I have to much hair stuff and that is all works the same (silly him)..he does not care about length at all but he does like hair that looks healthy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif We have been together for 8 years, so if he can get past the head scarf at night he will learn to live with this obsession of mine. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My on again, off again, ex/boyfriend/friend/worst enemy /images/graemlins/grin.gif (u know how those male/female relationships can be /images/graemlins/crazy.gif) thinks I'm a NUT about hair stuff.

Which is fine because I think he's crazy when it comes to NBA playoffs...

My attitude is: you have your vices and I have mine! /images/graemlins/wink.gif At least you get the benefit of walking with me - all Rapunzelesque - on your arm occasionally. All I get from his playoff fetish is the ability to watch Alan Iverson for a few minutes... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My gosh. I hid my doo-rag from him for months. But finally my stylist said there was some breakage, and out it came. He's pretty good about not making comments, but I think he thinks that it's ME--that I am the only woman who obsesses over her hair. So I had him come by the salon one Saturday so he could talk to other women and at least know that I am not an odd-ball. Basically he like long hair, and really doens't care about the details. Which is fine with me.

<font color="red">YES!</font color>
thumb.gif

My godbrother, just shakes his head when he sees my products. I have an armoire(sp?) full of products AND a three drawer cart like the pro stylists use.

But then he turns around and tells me which hairstyle he likes on me best or that my hair looks really good, or complains when my hair isn't done and "the gang" goes out or something.

I told him he can shake his head until it falls off, just don't part his lips to say a word. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My BF thinks I go over board when it comes to my head. He's going to be upset after Sat. because I'm going to my bad ends cut off and then shaped in some way. He's into long hair these days.

Hi DiamondDoll, Kathy, Eyvonne, Tracy, Henrilou, Sweetcocoa, Pmichael, Ishevonne,

It's funny how we can be obsessed but when they need advice on what to use on their hair, they come and ask us...as if to say we have all the answers. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Sorry Honey, you need to talk to someone who's not so obssessed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What also amazes me the most about my husband is that if you put two women together...one with long hair and one with short hair, he would definately be inclined to look at the woman with long hair first...unless of course it's Halle Berry. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My S.O. and I just had this conversation. He asked me what e-mail I was reading and I told him it was my hair club and he's like-- "Come on now, don't ya'll realize it's just hair?" So I told him HE could say that cause he's a man and generally we don't (and society doesn't) judge men as harshly about their hair as women are judged... And he was like "Whatever"-- he thinks we're just obsessed /images/graemlins/mad.gif... but this is the same man who really wants me to grow my hair to my waist and is always stroking my hair when it's down and saying how soft and pretty it is!!! Same man who has told me he prefers long hair /images/graemlins/mad.gif...

If I didn't love him so much, there'd be trouble! But normally I just ignore his comments... not to mention, as much as he might complain, he makes a real point of learning which products I like and why and then tries to keep them in stock at his apartment too so I don't have to worry about being without! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nicky

Hairfanatic - girl PREACH ON!!

And with men it's a classic case of talk what you know...

The other day I washed my hair and rollerset it. Three days later I applied some Adore color. He came in as I was coming out from under the dryer. So I'm in the mirror, inspecting the rinse on my hair as it's cooling and he's in the doorway of the bathroom going: "MORE conditioner???"

I just looked at his silly behind, started chuckling, and got in to rinse out my color. I'm like - HEEELLLLOOOOO??? It's BRIGHT YELLOW! Conditioner? So he says: "With all that conditioning you do you shuld have hair to the floor in no time...." I was like "Actually I'm thinking of going with the Halle Berry look again" So he's like: "WHAT! YOU BETTER NOT! ALL THAT CONDITIONING AND $&amp;^% YOU DO, AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA CUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!???????" Now we all now FULL WELL I have no intention to cut my hair. But whenever I'm feeling mischievious I play this little game...

Talk what you know boy. And don't be asking me no questions. Another conditioner....why I oughta..... LOL!

This is a funny thread...My b/f pokes fun when he sees me put my soft hair bonnet on, press the on switch and as soon as the bonnet fills with air he's saying: "uh oh..its the Alien again!" He's even taken a pic of me with it on and showed a good friend who now calls me the Alien. The joke ties in with the fact that I'm originally from London too so the name has stuck /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Whenever I walk into the house after work I announce out loud (God knows why) "okay I'm washing my hair tonight" To which my b/f goes: "oh noo..." and groans, knowing its a 3 hour epic /images/graemlins/grin.gif He leaves the room and goes downstairs to the den/basement to give me room and space /images/graemlins/grin.gif

At least he's willing to help with the 'drive by' Domnican salon hunt I'm doing right now in my area (I'm looking for one) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think i am a little bit, because my familys always asking me why i take so many pills and I say it beause of my hair.I just dont think they understand but it all good /images/graemlins/wink.gif

My boyfriend thinks I'm obsessed with my hair. He thinks I need to go to hair addicts anonymous. But I've told him if I didn't care about my hair I probably wouln't have any and you don't want a girl with jacked up hair do you? He always says no and shuts up.

aw guys i'm so jealous! /images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess you could say i'm a serial dater. I wish I could come out of the closet with my hair obsession. The guy I'm dating this week (joke) is white and he has no idea about black hair.....But I know in the end my head scarf will all was win ....I can only pretend that I don't need it for so long.

Hi nicky,

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
And he was like "Whatever"-- he thinks we're just obsessed ... but this is the same man who really wants me to grow my hair to my waist and is always stroking my hair when it's down and saying how soft and pretty it is!!! Same man who has told me he prefers long hair ...

[/ QUOTE ]

See, isn't that something? It seems to me like there are a lot of doubled-headed-standard men out there...my husband included. On one hand,"Oh honey, aren't you getting too obsessed with your hair?, but on the other hand, "When are you going let your hair grow to your waist?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif Da...why do you think I am constantly living on the hair boards! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tracy,

That is too funny! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't men ask crazy questions? When I'm doing my hair and my husband starts asking "What are you doing?", I tell him, "Oh nothing, I was just watching the pink elephant on the ceiling start to grow big ears". Everytime I say something stupid, it always make him storm out of the bathroom. It's like..."Why do you ask me stupid questions when you see exactly what I am doing"? Do I have to constantly say something stupid or use flash cards for you to see the big picture! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi brownrelaxedhair,

Don't these men know that they should never make fun of...ANYTHING that has to do with a woman's hair? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Girl...I used to curse my husband out so bad about my hair episodes that he knows all he should ever do now is just "shake his head", don't even make a comment. /images/graemlins/grin.gif And...I prefer if he don't evevn let me see him doing that. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That's great he is helping you. See...that tells me, he's into your hair also, he's just been cartooning you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi skegeesmb,

He thinks I need to go to hair addicts anonymous.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is too funny! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Tell your boyfriend hair addicts anonymous can't even compare to a women with a hair obsession mission...WE HAVE TO TALK TO EVERYONE ABOUT IT! We won't be sitting in a circle waiting for our turn to talk/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Blackindiangirl,

I think i am a little bit, because my familys always asking me why i take so many pills and I say it beause of my hair.I just dont think they understand but it all good

[/ QUOTE ]

That's okay, once they start seeing the change in your hair from taking the vitamins, they will get it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I made the mistake of tellling my b.f. about this forum and I've lived to regret it. Now, every time I so much as dust my ends, he says, "Did you report that to the board?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes, he saw me ONCE drying my hair with my soft (Alien /images/graemlins/grin.gif) bonnet and he almost died laughing. But, he thinks I "look cute" in my braids at night...he gets all "amorous" when he sees me in them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is a funny thread...My b/f pokes fun when he sees me put my soft hair bonnet on, press the on switch and as soon as the bonnet fills with air he's saying: "uh oh..its the Alien again!" He's even taken a pic of me with it on and showed a good friend who now calls me the Alien. The joke ties in with the fact that I'm originally from London too so the name has stuck

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO @ the alien thing. Is the London/Alien thing from the Sting song, englishman in New York?

Hi LondonDiva, well the Sting song does some what fit: "An Englishman in New York..."

What's that saying? if the cap fits.....(or in my case, inflatable hood) lol!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My man thinks I am completely obsessed. HE thinks i should just cut my hair short. I told him a short hair style requires a lot of time. He also made me do a spring cleaning with my hair products. Our apt had enough products to open a small store. I know i am finally taking the time to care for my hair. YOu know what is funny , he is always asking me on tips to stop his head from itching or can i wash and condition his head. Can i do this and that. LOl men our so silly some times.

Jackie

<font color="purple">My baby thinks I'm crazy and a tad ( A LOT) obsessed, but now he's getting the hang of it and threatens me if I look like I'm going to cut it. Did I tell y'all I have two pair of hair cutting scissors and if I pick them up I just can't stop!!! We're moving in together in September so he'll get the full effect of my hobby ( OBSESSION ) soon enough! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

Back