Does your great leave-in have a brother?

GraceV

I feel like I should be posting this in the relationship forum. I posted this in the Relaxed Thread but decided to post here also.

Ladies I need a new leave in.

These are products I have tried:

Giovanni direct: it just sat on my hair and had clumps. Okay on wet hair. BAD idea on dry hair.

Profectiv (the yellow one): it was too oily/heavy and the smell... *retch*, (the pink one, daily strengthener): Nice smell, great on wet hair but hair dries up, well, DRY! Too much protein?

Silken Child: Okay for a while then they changed the formula... the new one smells weird. It's ok for the first few weeks after a retouch but not so great post week 4.

S-Curl: Okay in the summer, okay for roots 8 weeks post but I'm stuck with wet hair...I guess it's the glycerin. Tried it in the winter... BAD idea.

HE LTR: On the fence, sometimes it feels like it's just sitting on my hair. It's OK for wet hair but meh for dry hair... except my edges. It lays it down something good!

Cantu: the bottle: too oily, the tub: left my hair stiff when dry.

Neutrogena Silk-Touch: this one I use by default since everything else I've tried has failed. OK on wet hair, kinda okay on dry hair till a few hours after, it makes my hair poof up. Sometimes this is what I want... sometimes not!

Another default: Mane n Tail conditioner. This is okay and I mix it with the NTM often BUT I want a REAL leave-in not regular condish substituted as a leave-in.

Basically my Texlaxed 4z hair needs something that works on wet AND dry hair, freshly texlaxed and stretch-time hair, okay for the seasons, smells good and does not sit on my hair (too oily or too 'coney'). SIGH...

I feel like I just put out an ad for a man. Is a sister asking for too much from a leave-in?

Elucence MB con! It can be use for multiple things ie. leave in, deep condition, rinse out con, co wash con, moisturizer!

Bee Mine Deja Milk, Hairveda Whipped ends work really good under my wash&goes, two-strand twist and blow outs

I love Oyin Honey Dew. I'm relaxed but I have lots of random texlaxed pieces and it makes my hair feel so soft.

Right now I'm using: Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion

Some Others:

Bee Mine Luscious Balancing Hair Cream
Bear Fruit Hair's Espresso and BFH Saeede Hair Cream
Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration
My Honey Child Lotions *various*
Claudie Hair Satin
KBB Hair Milk

I just can't find a leave in that I love and works well for me. HS14-1 is good but not great. African braid spray has a new formula and package so I brought two this weekend because Sally went up on the price of HS 14-1. I like African Braid spray and the price is right; I might just stick to that.

Right now I'm using: Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion

Some Others:

Bee Mine Luscious Balancing Hair Cream
Bear Fruit Hair's Espresso and BFH Saeede Hair Cream
Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration
My Honey Child Lotions *various*
Claudie Hair Satin
KBB Hair Milk

Forgot to add:look::
Qhemet Biologics AOHC, BRBC, CTDG & OHHB
Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream

one of my favorites is rusk smoother leave in
i also feel that M&T deep moisturizing conditioner is very similar to the rusk in terms of results in my hair.

is there a particular reason you want something specified as a leave in?

one of my favorites is rusk smoother leave in
i also feel that M&T deep moisturizing conditioner is very similar to the rusk in terms of results in my hair.

is there a particular reason you want something specified as a leave in?
:perplexed Not really, I guess in my mind I just like things to be used as labeled :lachen:

Can I suggest "she who should not be named"'s Leave-In? Since you are texlaxed I have read that you should cut the oils in half for better results.

I'm not texlaxed, but SheaMoisture Restorative Conditioner and Tahlid Wajid (sp?) work phenomenally on my hair. I looked high and low for months for staple leave ins/moisturizers...my search ended with these 2 products.

HTH

- Elucence MB
-Alba Botanica leave-in
-Surya Henna Color Fixation Leave-in
-Taliah Waajid Protective Bodifier Mist
-Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose diluted w/water

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@GraceV i use either one of these to detangle and as a leave-in:
http://www.komazahaircare.com/products/160/Shea+Butter+Hair+Lotion.html
http://www.komazahaircare.com/products/122/Coconut+Curl+Hair+Lotion.html

this may also be a possibility,too:
http://www.komazahaircare.com/products/124/Califia+Care+Leave+In+Conditioner.html

their shipping is fast cause they use priority mail, they have a rewards points program, have 2ozsamples,and they have sales often.HTH

Thanks for adding the links!!! I checked them out on the site, and the ingredients look delicious.

Thank you so much ladies for these suggestions. I appreciate your help. I saw a bottle of Rusk Smoother leave-in at a store today and decided to take a whiff... Y'all should have warned me. I took in a deep breath and I almost got knocked out! It has a strong soapy-perfumey fragrance I was not expecting (if I knew I'd probably had taken a baby sniff). Not a bad smell but not weak either, I was just expecting citrusy, peachy notes lol.
The search continues....

Thanks for adding the links!!! I checked them out on the site, and the ingredients look delicious.

Thank you so much ladies for these suggestions. I appreciate your help. I saw a bottle of Rusk Smoother leave-in at a store today and decided to take a whiff... Y'all should have warned me. I took in a deep breath and I almost got knocked out! It has a strong soapy-perfumey fragrance I was not expecting (if I knew I'd probably had taken a baby sniff). Not a bad smell but not weak either, I was just expecting citrusy, peachy notes lol.
The search continues....

i love the smell:lick:

Back