Does M-T-G really smell that bad??

makinwande

I'm thinking about buying some off Ebay to grow back my edges but I keep hearing about how rank it is. I was thinking about ordering Boundless Tresses but it is so expensive now-around $17 for I think 8 oz. What type of essential oil can I add to MTG to make it tolerable (besides peppermint oil)? Would Jasmine oil take the smell away? Anything else? Has anyone success with removing the odor?

short answer, yes. it really does smell bad. however, i supposed it's a matter of how much will power you have. i never cut it with anything when i used it back in the day. i just started using boundless tresses, which i think has similar ingredients but none of the funk.

It didnt bother me much, I added peppermint to mines. IDK what else that would cover it sorry.....

Well it smells like bacon to me. Either you'll get used to it, hate it, or be hungry after every application. Like Ms b haven said, peppermint oil does do alot to cut it, and people have recommended to put it on at night because it fades after a little while.

It stinks I remember being so embarrassed at work, on the train or anywhere. I hate to offend innocent people. I make my own version of MTG.

I added peppermint oil to mine also but i think i got use to the smell. I only used it at night.

It depends how sensitive your nose is.....if it is strong then you might now like the smell, if your nose is not and you can tolerate any smell, then it probably won't bother you, I mean it doesn't smell good, but I'm going to throw up if I smell it, and it never gave me a headache, I have this stuff called Frenchee Super Gro(Tar), and it smells just like MTG, so I was like why not buy MTG again.....I mean if it works, forget the smell, you can use oil sheen to cover the smell up, that's what I do and it works.....but to each it's own....basically I can live with the smell, but some don't like the smell......

Thanks Ladies,

I think I will apply it three nights a week and use oil sheen the next morning to mask whatever odor is lingering. Great ideas! Thanks!

Back