Does Anyone Want to Talk me out of

KhandiB

Cutting my hair :sad:
Im so frustrated right now..I feel like my hair has NO style..Im trying to convince myself as to all kinds of reasons I shouldn’t cut my hair into layers or cut myself bangs..Im so bored with my hair... I have a good amount of split ends so I think Im definitely gonna cut at least an inch off, but I want a style…

I can never get my hair to look like I want it, My last relaxer I under processed my hair trying a new technique, and now I gotta wait to fix it.. I think my flat Iron sucks because it won’t straighten my hair the way I like...My hair is so thick it won’t lay down, I hate wrapping my hair because It always makes my hair thin on my temples…

How do you normally wear your hair on a daily basis?

I love your length and would have so much fun with it. There are so many things that I cannot do, but that I know I will be able to do when I get more length - roller sets, loose sexy updos, etc.

Please don't cut that lovely hair!!! Girl your hair is beautiful and you can have plenty of fun w/it in styling area. Try some of those chinese buns or the figure eight one w/the little added hair stick accessories, there's a thread around here some where w/a link to show how to do them. Also pin-curling the hair at night gives the curly rollerset look, or you may want to start experimenting w/some up-do styles. Get creative just don't rely on the scissors to help you out, :naughty: , you may just be bored in the styling area. How long as it been since you underprocessed your hair? maybe you just need to do a corrective relaxer.
ETA: your FARS is beautiful I love the curls, maybe a small bang will give you a new look, but let someone else be incharge of cutting the bang if you decide to go there, because I don't want you getting scissor happy, LOL.

Last edited:
Hey khandiB,

I know how you feel honey. You do tend to get tired of the same ole thing and need something different. However you have come a long way. Your progress is beautiful. You want to get to that bra strap and not far from it. Just try and stick it through until you reach your goal. If you feel the need when you have made your accomplishments then so be it. Otherwise please dont cut your hair. You can do it. That's what you have us here for to support you in your hair journey.

Start trying to have fun with your hair. Just how we try different products try to do different stlyes with the hair. I Hope you decide to keep your hair. So do whatever you have to do to get it back healthy again. And then you will be satisfied..

HTH:grin:

:shocked: You have hair that is "to die for":lol: as far as I am concerned... Just be patient:kiss: ... Your hair is gorgeous to me:Flahsssss ...

Please don't cut it:cry2: :cry: ... just trim your ends...

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Please don't cut that lovely hair!!! Girl your hair is beautiful and you can have plenty of fun w/it in styling area. Try some of those chinese buns or the figure eight one w/the little added hair stick accessories, there's a thread around here some where w/a link to show how to do them. Also pin-curling the hair at night gives the curly rollerset look, or you may want to start experimenting w/some up-do styles. Get creative just don't rely on the scissors to help you out, :naughty: , you may just be bored in the styling area. How long as it been since you underprocessed your hair? maybe you just need to do a corrective relaxer.
ETA: your FARS is beautiful I love the curls, maybe a small bang will give you a new look, but let someone else be incharge of cutting the bang if you decide to go there, because I don't want you getting scissor happy, LOL.

*sigh* I will try pin curling, I wont try to cut my hair myself because I will chop it off :lol:

I dont know how to do a corrective relaxer, care to explain??

HoneyDew - I try and wear it straight but that doesn’t work for me, So most of the time I do my FARS and attempt to wrap it at night and I don’t know, Its just not as bouncy as I would like. I do braid out a little more often now a days (wearing one today) .. I have been wearing ponytails.. I have also found out that Co-Washes are not for me :lol:

Maybe my hair is over processed, it looks spongy in some spots..and I have literally relaxed my hair 4 times in the past 12 months (I was preggy and my scalp was extremely sensitive), I relaxed in feb 05, tried one in August, head was burning up and then in October and My last relaxer was Jan 6th...

I think Im gonna do that LadyZ.. I might go to the Domincans.. :D

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Please don't cut that lovely hair!!! Girl your hair is beautiful and you can have plenty of fun w/it in styling area. Try some of those chinese buns or the figure eight one w/the little added hair stick accessories, there's a thread around here some where w/a link to show how to do them. Also pin-curling the hair at night gives the curly rollerset look, or you may want to start experimenting w/some up-do styles. Get creative just don't rely on the scissors to help you out, :naughty: , you may just be bored in the styling area. How long as it been since you underprocessed your hair?maybe you just need to do a corrective relaxer.

I agree, especially with the bolded part. :grin:

Would you want to go curlier and do a flexirod set? Or go wavy and do a braid out?

Just don't cut your beautiful hair. I love the length and fullness.

Well if it's under processed you just base and reapply the relaxer ONLY to the underprocessed areas let sit for the desired amount of time then rinse and proceed as you normally would on a touch-up day. If your not sure on how to do this have a stylist do it for you. But if you hair is over-processed then you will need to DC treatments to bounce it back. The Domincan Salon visit sound good, You should definately be swinging then. :D
KhandiB said:
*sigh* I will try pin curling, I wont try to cut my hair myself because I will chop it off :lol:

I dont know how to do a corrective relaxer, care to explain??

HoneyDew - I try and wear it straight but that doesn’t work for me, So most of the time I do my FARS and attempt to wrap it at night and I don’t know, Its just not as bouncy as I would like. I do braid out a little more often now a days (wearing one today) .. I have been wearing ponytails.. I have also found out that Co-Washes are not for me :lol:

Maybe my hair is over processed, it looks spongy in some spots..and I have literally relaxed my hair 4 times in the past 12 months (I was preggy and my scalp was extremely sensitive), I relaxed in feb 05, tried one in August, head was burning up and then in October and My last relaxer was Jan 6th...

I think Im gonna do that LadyZ.. I might go to the Domincans.. :D

OMG if you cut your hair I will fly to where ever you are and beat you with an old shoe. :lol:

Your hair is gorgeous! I'm going through the hair doldrums myself, but I know I'll be over it by the time Spring rolls around. So just ride it out. :)

qtgirl said:
OMG if you cut your hair I will fly to where ever you are and beat you with an old shoe. :lol:

Your hair is gorgeous! I'm going through the hair doldrums myself, but I know I'll be over it by the time Spring rolls around. So just ride it out. :)

ahahaha.. Not Beat Me With a Shoe :lol:

I def need my ends clipped tho..im gonna wait it out. before cutting it

Im thinking I really do need one of those major protien treatments like Aphogee, Emergencee or some other one, LOLOL

I agree with everyone, your hair is just way too pretty. Your hair is what encouraged me to order the Andis 1875 watt dryer ( I can't wait until it gets here!)

qtgirl, I am located close to her if you want me to do it for you. :lol:

Back