Does anyone still use setting lotion for rollersets?

Nice

Hey Ladies,

I know that majority of you out there use leave-in conditioner only when rollersetting? I curious as to how many people still use setting lotion!! If so, what brand?

Thanks in advance

The only time I use setting lotion is when I plan to keep my curls curly and not do a roller wrap. I normally use lottabody. The kind that you don't have to dilute. About a quarter size throughout my hair then combed thru.

Nice, I have to comment on your hair it is really growing you will be at bra strap lenght before you know it! Good luck girl your hair looks great!

jancan7 said:
Nice, I have to comment on your hair it is really growing you will be at bra strap lenght before you know it! Good luck girl your hair looks great!

:grin: I just cut me hair on Friday!

I've always used a setting lotion for my rollersets along with a creamy conditioner for my leave-in. I usually use Lottabody or UltraSheen Setting Lotion.

Whether I'm trying to practice my rollersetting skills, or putting perm rods in my hair, I always use Lottabody setting solution. It works really well and doesn't cause your hair to be stiff...yet delivers a great hold! HTH.

I use Lottabody Creme Wrap Lotion when I rollerset my hair when I want tight curls and dont plan on washing my hair for a few days.

michelle31 said:
I haven't used setting lotion in years. I use mousse.

I've been wondering about mousse lately. I asked one of my sisters about what she uses to keep her curls and she said mousse. But she also said she doesn't really like it.

I have always used and plan to always use Lottabody setting lotion. I buy the concentrated kind and I dilute it to my liking. I has always worked well for me (when mixed correctly) and my hair comes out with more body and bounce.

I have to use setting lotion bc I live in central FL so with the humidity it would revert in 5 seconds (instead of the usual 10 lol) if I didnt! I noticed it was smoother when I actually used a little more. I use elasta qp design foam. I really like design essentials foam but elasta qp is more in my budget right now! Also I add a little serum and of course leave in (not in that order though).

Back