Does anyone else have really fragile hair???

Soul♥Flower

My hair seems to be really fragile, I am so fed up with it! I'll be doing really well, as far as taking care of my hair goes, and my hair will look sooo good. Then I'll neglect it for a day or two and it's like all was for nothing. Like today, my hair is dry and hard and breaking off. All because I was sick this weekend, my hair was the last thing I was worried about. I slept with no scarf and I didn't even comb it for two days:lol:=H.A.M. Now, I am definitely paying the price.

Does anyone else's hair behave this way, how do you get it back to normal without having to start from square one?

Mine does. I usually keep it in a bun with S-curl and kemi-oyl on it. But lately I've been flat ironing a lot and wearing it out because of all the holiday festivities. I"m seeing a more breaking than usual. Plus, I've been sick too.

rinygirl6 said:
My hair seems to be really fragile, I am so fed up with it! I'll be doing really well, as far as taking care of my hair goes, and my hair will look sooo good. Then I'll neglect it for a day or two and it's like all was for nothing. Like today, my hair is dry and hard and breaking off. All because I was sick this weekend, my hair was the last thing I was worried about. I slept with no scarf and I didn't even comb it for two days:lol:=H.A.M. Now, I am definitely paying the price.

Does anyone else's hair behave this way, how do you get it back to normal without having to start from square one?

Maybe your hair dries out really quickly? The key I would say is make sure you have enough moisture...and if it's still breaking, throw some protein in. A lot of the girls say NTM is really good. You can also use oil (I use Amla Lite) to seal in your moisture.

I was thinking about getting Neutrogena Triple Moisture (I know, like I need anything else), but I wanted to get it in the foam and checked three stores and they only had it as the leave-in cream. So on a side note, has anyone seen this in the foam?

Your hair is crying out for moisture, you need moisture. Elasta QP Intense or even a blend of light protien/moisture with ORS Rep. Pak...:eek:

my hair is like that. if i wear it pressed or flatironed too long w/o keeping
up w/ the daily oiling even sometimes w/ oiling it will break off :eek: . i'm wondering
if i have to use protective styling now to get to my goal length how am i
going to actually be able to ENJOY being at my goal :confused:

My hair is like this too. It can take overprocessing and double processing for days without breaking, but too much heat and neglect will kill it! I wash and deep condition and then I use a substantial amount of NTM leave-in and some oil (Kemi Oyl is my choice right now) and I'll bun for two or three days. Once I take it down and wash and deep condition, it's much better.

msportugal said:
my hair is like that. if i wear it pressed or flatironed too long w/o keeping
up w/ the daily oiling even sometimes w/ oiling it will break off :eek: . i'm wondering
if i have to use protective styling now to get to my goal length how am i
going to actually be able to ENJOY being at my goal :confused:

I don't like protective styles, but I force myself to do it for the health of my hair. Once I did it long enough, I got used to it even though I didn't like it.

Back