dobbies???

YoungWavey

I wanted to know people who have shoulder length hair or longer is it harder to doobie your hair at night??? I'm having trouble keeping it bouncy in the morning...one side is flat and the other is bouncy??? How do you maintain it body???

I use Wrap, Snap, and Go Rollers with Solar Rollers. When I don't want as big curls I'll pin my hair around my head kinda like a wrap (I usually alternate the two methods nightly).

This is interesting. I once saw this in someones fotki. Is this a protective style for nightime? Or do some people use this to achieve a certain style, like waves in your hair? I was under the impression that this was a daily outsidish protective style. What do you all use this style as?

Youngwavey. Honestly i used to do this for years when my hair was much longer ( past shoulder length) but after doing it for long my hair has thinned on one side. I never alternated ides cause my hair just didnt want to go that way.

When i first started doing this my hair always came out the same on both sides...but the more one side of my hair got damaged from the wrapping...the more one side would come a little flatter that the other and i never came up with a solution. i would just end up lightly blow drying the roots on that side upward and that would usually do the trick and give it more volume. HTH

LilMorenita said:
after doing it for long my hair has thinned on one side.

that is what i found with wrapping too often. it does cause thinning and breakage. a lot of women do pin curls at night. others wear a mohawk rollerset to bed. i am going to keep an eye on this thread for ideas....in case, any other women share their techniques. i want to start wearing my out when i reach BSL later this year or early next year, so this is an important thread.

the trusty Caruso Steam Rollers never fail, if you wake up with bed head.

Ooh okay...yea thats makes sense...b/c when get my hair done (in a doobie) its of body and movement then when i get i'll take it out and i see alot of movement then when i wake in the morning one side flat as a panacake....

I roller set my hair with Caruso steam rollers at night, wrap it up, put on a bonnet and loosely tie on a satin scarf. I haven't experienced any thin sides and I love the bouncy and full results.

Back