Do you use multiple shampoos at once?

StarScream35

Just curious if you ladies use multiple shampoos in one wash. I actually do. My typical routine includes shampooing with Roux porosity control first then shampooing with Phytojoba. My hair feels amazing and absorbs moisture very well using this combo.

I clarify and chelate once a month so this is where I add two additional shampoos. First I clarify with Phytoneutre. Second I chelate with Lanza Swim and Sun. The I proceed with my usual routine of Roux and Phytojoba. My hair feels like da bomb after this! If I could clarify and chelate with every wash, I would but I know it's too drying so I don't.

My only regret is, I wish I would have known about all these great things to do for your hair years ago!

I only do this if using Emergencée. I shampoo focusing on my scalp with any gel shampoo I have on hand (Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni Tea Tree, Garnier Fructis) and then after I rinse and apply Emergencée for ten minutes, I shampoo that off with Nexxus Therappe, but I don't apply it to my scalp (I don't like creamy shampoos on my scalp. I hate the feeling of having a coated scalp. :barf: ). The focus this time is only on the hair. I follow that with whatever conditioner I have on hand. Rinse, then ACV rinse. The end.

Nope. Never.

I dc right after shampooing, no matter what kind of shampoo I use (moisturizing, chelating, etc.)

One lather and then condition. :yep:

I only use multiple shampoos in one wash if I have to clarify. After I clarify, I follow up w/ KBB's Juicy Shampoo bar.

The Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac is so great that I don't need to follow up with a moisturizing shampoo. I'll be sad when it's no longer available.

I usually only use 2 shampoos if I have used one that clarifies 1st. I like to have a smooth, moist feeling so I will follow up the clarifying poo w. smthn that gives good slip like CON green label or a shampoo bar made with herbs and oils. I only lather ONCE w. each poo then immediately condition or use my Porosity Control cond. then follow w. the regular conditioner.

Even when I color my hair I only lather once. I hate stripping my hair w. shampoo so I only use it like once every 3 mos. (then I usually only apply to the scalp and let the suds run down the hair, unless hair is especially product-laden).

Last edited:
I use so many silicones when I straighten that my clarifying shampoo is not enough. I add on some Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo (very stripping and trying to use up) and Suave 2 n 1 Shampoo for a little moisture during the process. It leaves my hair squeaky clean, but soft.

Yes I do!

1. I'm a self-relaxer, so on relaxer day I use 3 shampoos - Neutralizing, Clarifying, and Moisturizing.

2. I use a clarifying shampoo 2x a month as part of my normal routine. I also follow this with a moisturizing shampoo and dc.

Selsun Blue for my scalp Once a month
I Clarify everytime I wash
Then I use a Moisturizing poo…

I shampoo 3x on wash days before DC-ing since I have so much hair. I always clarify with VO5 and moisturize with Pantene, then sometimes I balance with VO5 or use Pantene's breakage defense shampoo.

Back