Do you see a difference in my hair?

Lilmama1011

December 2013 when I had relaxed, I cut off all my thin ends and was very happy with it and was CBL. I have not touched the scissors since then but will be dusting on the 20th of march and when I relaxed yesterday and I was really happy with the results and feel like me babying my hair is paying off. I was always obsessed with health and not really length but now since my hair is much thicker it's time to gain some length. I felt yesterday I saw a big difference in length but in these pics I don't see a difference. Do you? If so about how much do you think I have gained?

Screenshot_2014-03-19-05-49-55-1.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-19-05-51-44-1.png

December 2013 when I had relaxed, I cut off all my thin ends and was very happy with it and was CBL. I have not touched the scissors since then but will be dusting on the 20th of march and when I relaxed yesterday and I was really happy with the results and feel like me babying my hair is paying off. I was always obsessed with health and not really length but now since my hair is much thicker it's time to gain some length. I felt yesterday I saw a big difference in length but in these pics I don't see a difference. Do you? If so about how much do you think I have gained?

View attachment 250861

View attachment 250863

I think what it is, in the first picture you had strands between the top of NL and SL. In the second picture all of your strands seem to be SL. So it definitely looks fuller and healthier.

Keep up the good work OP!! :grin: :yep: I do see a difference. Your hair looks thicker now. :yep:

Plus, your hair looked almost semi-wet or damp in the first picture...was it? Or is your hair dry in both shots??

Anyway, keep up what you're doing! Babying your hair will always yield GREAT results! :up:

Lilmama1011, I see a difference in length and thickness. Using a length check shirt (or even a ruler) really helps to know if there was a gain because sometimes, pics are deceiving. Pics will sometimes make you feel nothing was gained when in fact it was. It's all in how you hold your head or style the hair. Just a few tips I learned along the way.

Three month increments and the last pulling down. It was drying up and I see I get shrinkage even with being relaxed

Screenshot_2014-06-07-02-44-01-1.jpg

Screenshot_2014-06-07-02-44-01-2.jpg

ForumRunner_20140612_225331.jpg

ForumRunner_20140612_225342.jpg

Lilmama1011 I see a big difference. Your hair grows similar to mine and if you put the scissors down :lachen: you would grow a v shape. That means for me the back grows first and the sides are always about a length goal behind. For instance, the back of my hair is approaching mid-back length but the sides are just past approaching BSL. In the first pic, your sides were shorter, but in the new pic they are much longer.

Lilmama1011 I see a big difference. Your hair grows similar to mine and if you put the scissors down :lachen: you would grow a v shape. That means for me the back grows first and the sides are always about a length goal behind. For instance, the back of my hair is approaching mid-back length but the sides are just past approaching BSL. In the first pic, your sides were shorter, but in the new pic they are much longer.

I always wondered what the natural shape it would grow into. I was hoping for a u Shape. But whatever irisak

I always wondered what the natural shape it would grow into. I was hoping for a u Shape. But whatever @irisak

Lilmama1011
Girl does anyone have a natural U shape :grin:? I have just learned to love and embrace my V. The longer my hair gets the less it looks like a little tail hanging in the back :grin:. It's why I gave up on a blunt cut. The last one I got I was shoulder length when I went in the shop, when I left I was above neck length all because I asked to have it all cut even. :nono: Now I stick with feathered cuts that embrace the layers and the shape my hair naturally grows in.

Lilmama1011
Girl does anyone have a natural U shape :grin:? I have just learned to love and embrace my V. The longer my hair gets the less it looks like a little tail hanging in the back :grin:. It's why I gave up on a blunt cut. The last one I got I was shoulder length when I went in the shop, when I left I was above neck length all because I asked to have it all cut even. :nono: Now I stick with feathered cuts that embrace the layers and the shape my hair naturally grows in.

irisak I could have sworn one girl said her hair grows like that. Oh yeah feathered would be nice. But a ponytail would look crazy. I have to look this up

It looks thicker and you have the front sectioned off so it might be a bit longer but definitely thicker.

@irisak I could have sworn one girl said her hair grows like that. Oh yeah feathered would be nice. But a ponytail would look crazy. I have to look this up

@ lilmama1011 I live in ponytails both straight and curly. They don't look crazy at all. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

3 month hair update (feel free to post comparison pics as well) the last pic is air dried hair, I will post when wet tomorrow after I rinse out conditioner, maybe......

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-06-03-39-35-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-06-03-39-35-1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_2014-09-06-03-39-40-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-06-03-39-40-1.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 2014-09-06 03.42.36.jpg
    2014-09-06 03.42.36.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 149
  • ForumRunner_20140906_034658.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140906_034658.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Lilmama1011 you've made awesome progress, nice retention. Big difference from dec to sept

This round I did my boring protective style (smoothing back hair into a ponytail and tucking ends in with a cute clip) I wet it daily, moisturizes with a creamy moisturizer and I sealed it with an oil every night and day and because it was damp, I put my scarf on and edges was laid and hair was smooth. I did that for about 6 weeks and SO complained about him being tired of seeing my hair like that so I did my typical low manipulation styles twist out and braidout for the rest of the six. This round i want to avoid shampoo all together and see can I keep build up away with just my clarifying lemon conditioner and cowashing. sj10460

Back