Do You Section Your Hair Alot When Washing?

SmilingElephant

I just finished doing my weekly shampoo and deep conditioning...i just wanted to ask bc...i know a lot of natural heads say that they section their hair off into 4 or more sections....but this week i experimented with doing everything in just 2 sections instead of my regular 4-5 and...its working out pretty great for me.

Is it necessary to have so many sections? I find this also cuts down my time in the shower bc i don't spend time clipping and unclipping my hair all over my head.

Am i the only one?:look:

You are not alone. Two sections is the most I will do. I think it gets easier to do it this way now that it is longer.

I've done 4, 2 and 1. I like doing it in 2 sections.

Yay!:grin:

My current avi is a WnG i did yesterday using only 2 sections:yep: I find i can get my hair to lay flatter on my head than it does when i do it in 4 sections. I was gettin tired of doing the 4 section thing:spinning: Now i can do 2 (or 3 sections if i want a side part). I hope as it gets longer i can keep doing this...its so much easier.

I don't have to worry about passing out in the shower anymore!:lachen:

I wash my hair in about 8 braids. I find that I lose less hair with more sections and detangling happens more quickly. It would be nice to only have 2 sections though.

I do 4 but if it hasn't been in a style longer than a week I do 2 sections, 4 helps reduce tangling better than 2 for me.

My hair isn't long enough for 2 sections. I am just getting to where I can do 4. And I am happy about that. I probably have a long way to go before I can get by with just 2. I am still happy with my 4 :yep:

I section my hair in 4 or 6 twists. I can not wash my hair like I did when I was relaxed because it would take me forever to detangle.

I don't section off my hair to wash it. Takes waay too much time. And I don't section to do wash and gos either, I prefer to just rake the gel through my hair from top to bottom, all at once (I detangle in the shower). Takes like, 5 mins. Only time I section is when I'm DC'ing because I want to make sure that I get the conditioner on every single curl lol. When I see people on youtube sectioning off their hair into like, 20 sections just to do a wash and go(!!) I'm like, daaaang, that must take forevarr lol. I think a lot of ppl would be surprised at how few sections they really need.

I have to do about 8 sections while in shower to cowash. I don't have long hair but I have to make sure product is getting everywhere and I'm able to fully finger rectangle bc my hair is sort of thick (thick 4 me anyways)

I did four sections, and it was okay. Six sections is better for my hair, though, because the front is extremely dense. Two sections would not be enough for me because there would still be a lot of tangles in my hair.

I always use four sections regardless of the length of the hair. For hair that's short, I still work on the head/hair in quarters. The only reason where I might use fewer sections is for very thin hair. This is just my preference but its okay to do whatever works best. I'm used to the four section method so it doesn't take me a long time.

Just 2 sections is enough for me. I just split down the middle with my fingers and that's how I wash

I do 8-10 sections.My hair is a decent length and thick. So more sections the better detangling for me. I wish I could get away with 4 or less.

No sections for me until I detangle and then I use 6 sections. My hair is ridiculously thick,but washing in sections didn't really make it any easier for me.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

- 3 sections to DC, detangle, and wash

- 2 sections or none to co-wash.

- 3 sections to slather on leave-in, sealant, and styler for wash and go; no sections for ponytail or puff because I just put product on my ends and edges or my hair would be wet for however long I keep the ponytail :nono:

I'm relaxed and I've always washed my hair in 4 sections because it's easier for me to detangle while I'm under the water. I don't think it matters as long as what you're doing works for you. I cringe when I recall the days when I would pile all my hair on top of my head and shampoo like they do in the commercials. Tangles galore...

Today is wash day for me and I plan ok n doing 3 sections instead of my normal 4 if that goes smoothly ill eventually try 2

NikkiQ said:
No sections for me until I detangle and then I use 6 sections. My hair is ridiculously thick,but washing in sections didn't really make it any easier for me.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Same here. I've tried sections and it never did anything but take more time to wash my hair. My hair is really thick but doesn't tangle when wet. It tangles when it dries so after washing I put it in sections to detangle.

I can wash my hair in two sections, but its a little more work due to the thickness of my hair. More work to keep it from tangling badly, that is. When I shampoo my hair before a henna treatment, I don't bother thought.

Back