Do you really know to WHAT YOUR DOING?

Nanyanika

ladies how do you know what product: when, how much to use and in which order to achieve a particular style or look? for eg straight do's, buns etc don't say by experimenting, because my ones always goes wrong. I know the basics are leave in, moisturiser, heat protector but how much, what types and what order.

It depends on how I'm wearing my hair.

When I'm doing a wet bun, I'm focused on keeping in moisture but not making my hair greasy. So I use Suave Coconut, Surge Moisture aide. Then I follow with EV coconut oil to seal in the moisture. So I basically start w/ the lighter products and then go to the heaviest. If I use gel, mousse, or styling foam to tame the fly aways they go on last.

I do the opposite when I'm wearing my hair curly. I want to weigh it down a bit so I start with the heavier products to help elongate the shrinkage and then top with the lighter products for body and bounce.

...by experimenting.... *running out of thread*
18_3_110.gif

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...by experimenting.... *running out of thread*
18_3_110.gif

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i know that was stupid of me....i'm trying to make it difficult for you ladies to answer /images/graemlins/rofl.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on how I'm wearing my hair.

When I'm doing a wet bun, I'm focused on keeping in moisture but not making my hair greasy. So I use Suave Coconut, Surge Moisture aide. Then I follow with EV coconut oil to seal in the moisture. So I basically start w/ the lighter products and then go to the heaviest. If I use gel, mousse, or styling foam to tame the fly aways they go on last.

I do the opposite when I'm wearing my hair curly. I want to weigh it down a bit so I start with the heavier products to help elongate the shrinkage and then top with the lighter products for body and bounce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks that makes a lot of sense, this will help me decide what order to apply my products...

I was
23_2_11.gif
w. you. I guess I don't really know if I know what I'm doing....if I get good results, then I just keep doing it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was
23_2_11.gif
w. you. I guess I don't really know if I know what I'm doing....if I get good results, then I just keep doing it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your kidding /images/graemlins/drunk.gif.... I'm still waiting to get good results, so wish me luck at my next experiment it may work this time lol /images/graemlins/rofl.gif.

My new routine is liquid, creams, oils. I usually skip the sprays and go straight to AO GPB or NTM they both have a creamy texture. Put my hair in a ponytail, then I lock cream in w/ oil. My fave right now is Wondero Grow Shea Oil. I soak my hair with oil, and lightly brush the length to smooth it, so it dries pretty straight. I throw on my scarf to lay it all down and go.. My hair has felt super soft w/ this method.

When I joined this forum, I started using MORE products and experimenting with different hairstyles. When I tried different styles, I didnt care what order I put products in my hair. I just put everything in there! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Now I have been using less products and having cut my hairstyle down to one main style...rollerset/wrap. All I do is wash and condition my hair, spray my leave-in, put moisture on my hair, and set it with rollers. That's it! And my hair comes out soft with body!

When I have a lot of new growth, I will use oils on my roots and scalp. When I put oils on the rest of my hair, it makes it look stringy. I sometimes lightly put oils on my ends if they are frizzy but I don't have to worry about that anymore now that I rollerset my hair every 2 weeks.

Hope that helps!

Back