Do you question the quality of your JBCO?

Tamrin

unapologetic
I did today. I have several bottles of JBCO. one of which is the 4fl oz, of Tropical Isle JBCO I got at the BSS for 5.99 and my others are big bottles my SO's mom shipped to me from Jamaica (in the rum bottle meaning home made natural). I was just moisturizing my hair and picked up the Tropical Isle one and I picked up the one straight from JA there was a visible difference in color. The JA one is golden brownand BSS one was just brown. Upon further inspection I saw this black grainy (powdery) stuff at the bottom of the Tropical Isle one.

I called SO overand told him to smell this. He Sniffed the BSS bought one and said this thing smells like cooking oil. He Smelled the one from JA with the woodsy smell and said this is what JBCO is suppose to smell like. I even further compared the two types with the Haitian Black castor oil I have. The JA and the Haitian ones smelled the same and had the same golden color.

Im pissed that these people may be passing around fake JBCO. Consumers need to me aware raw unfiltered. Im tossing th Tropial Isle one. It also explains why I shed a lot more when I use the BSS one. I maybe using colored cooking oil.

I did today. I have several bottles of JBCO. one of which is the 4fl oz, of Tropical Isle JBCO I got at the BSS for 5.99 and my others are big bottles my SO's mom shipped to me from Jamaica (in the rum bottle meaning home made natural). I was just moisturizing my hair and picked up the Tropical Isle one and I picked up the one straight from JA there was a visible difference in color. The JA one is golden brownand BSS one was just brown. Upon further inspection I saw this black grainy (powdery) stuff at the bottom of the Tropical Isle one.

I called SO overand told him to smell this. He Sniffed the BSS bought one and said this thing smells like cooking oil. He Smelled the one from JA with the woodsy smell and said this is what JBCO is suppose to smell like. I even further compared the two types with the Haitian Black castor oil I have. The JA and the Haitian ones smelled the same and had the same golden color.

Im pissed that these people may be passing around fake JBCO. Consumers need to me aware raw unfiltered. Im tossing th Tropial Isle one. It also explains why I shed a lot more when I use the BSS one. I maybe using colored cooking oil.

Thanks for checking this out!!!! I'm almost out of my JBCO, I ordered it from Sams. If I would of found some in a BSS store, I would of been happy that I didn't have to pay for shipping. JBCO does not have anything floating at the bottom of the bottle. You are so blessed to have yours come homemade from your mother-in-law.:yep:

There is a difference, my grandmother brought me some from back home and I had the Tropical one as well. But from my experience that's any and everything. Heck I think the Ting in the US is NASTY but the one straight from yard is :lick:.

I have this brand - the bottle says its unfiltered- but I don't see any residue in the bottom. I'm gonna stick with this.

I have Tropical Isle JBCO that I ordered from sam's as well. I love this stuff, I oil my scaple with it twice aweek. Mine doesn't have any residue in it either and it does have a burnt wood kinda smell to it :look:. As far as I'm concerned I'm pretty satisfied with what I have because I have nothing else to comepare it with, but believe me when I this, If I ever had a Jamaican Hook up to the real stuff, I would drop Tropical Isles like a hot potato! I also believe that the stuff they give us in the States is a socalled watered down version.

Back