Do you have to adjust the frequency of your Relaxers

leleepop

to accomidate the summer growth spurts? My hair seems to be shedding and breaking more and I dont know what to do. It has been 9 weeks since my last relaxer and my hair has more than an inch of new growth. This will be my third texlaxer so its my first summer. I am tryna wait till 12 weeks but I might have to break out the creamy crack 10 or 11.:lol: I'm gonna do another heavy protein but if that doesnt work what else? What do ya'll think?TIA

I say relax... if your hair suffers more breakage by waiting to reach a quota you've set for yourself, its not worth it. As lon as you're not doing it every 6 weeks and abusing your hair in the interim, you should be fine.

I normally relax at 12 weeks myself, but during the summer months i play it by ear. Do the protein treatment see how your hair recats, and if its still acting up relax next week. HTH

beana said:
I say relax... if your hair suffers more breakage by waiting to reach a quota you've set for yourself, its not worth it. As lon as you're not doing it every 6 weeks and abusing your hair in the interim, you should be fine.

I normally relax at 12 weeks myself, but during the summer months i play it by ear. Do the protein treatment see how your hair recats, and if its still acting up relax next week. HTH

^^SOUND ADVICE THERE!

try and drag it out if you can, clip off any dodgey ends aswell, and splits...this will save you alot of bother. when it gets to this stage u gotta do less, and do a few protein with moisture. macherieamours trick of doing protein b4 shampoo works. i'm at 9 weeks also and i feel ur pain, i wanna go the whole 12 weeks...i feel i MIGHt be able to, if not, 10 weeks isn't so bad!

id go with relaxing it...i personally think you should relax your hair based on the amount of new growth that you have AND can handle...

Thanks Ladies I'm gonna try a protein and if that doesnt work I'm gonna have to relax this stuff sooner. I live in Texas and it can get to be over 100' and dont let me start with the humidty. I'm very underprocessed so I think I have so room to put the relaxer on without any major damage to my hair goals. I needed some encouragement.:)

I'm adjusting the frequency of my relaxers for the warmer months. I'm getting relaxers every three instead of four months.

Back