Do you guys ever have short breakage "episodes"? Do you still retain?

HoneyDew

I hardly get breakage, but sometimes I go through short times where I do.

This time I am getting it for a couple of reasons.

1. I went out partying Saturday night and fell asleep without covering my head - tangled mess.
2. I did a protein treatment Saturday during the day that left me kinda dry.
3. I am at that turning point when you have to switch things up a bit post relaxer because the NG has kicked in.

I am getting short and long strands that have no bulb at the end. :eek: Normally I will have to deal with it for a few days, but after a nice deep condition and treatment I am okay.

But for the few days of breakage, I am so stressed. I don't want to touch my hair or comb it.

Am I over-worrying? Does anyone ever have this problem and still retain?

Hey HD,

I think you are over worrying... I think alot of times from being on this board that soon as we see hair fall, we get scared. This happens to me alot. I would say if a deep conditioner works then do that.. Don't worry HD, you will be fine. I am sure of it.. To answer your question, sometimes my hair breaks but that is due to my moisture issue. I am retaining length well. PLus this year I cut off three inches and I keep forgetting that. If I did not cut then I would be on my way to bra strap length

thanks girlie.

For the past few days I have been walking on eggshells when it comes to my hair. I am doing a treatment tonight and it is to the point where I want to leave work early to get on it ASAP.

I am thankful that when this happens, I can fix it. It also reminds me that maybe I do need to stop depending on wearing my hair down everyday, as I do now.

thanks girlie.

For the past few days I have been walking on eggshells when it comes to my hair. I am doing a treatment tonight and it is to the point where I want to leave work early to get on it ASAP.

I am thankful that when this happens, I can fix it. It also reminds me that maybe I do need to stop depending on wearing my hair down everyday, as I do now.

HoneyDew,
Like you I wear my hair down just about everyday. I have fine hair as well so im more prone to breakage anyway. My breakage is sooo much better now that I limit combing to 2x per day....in the morning to unwrap my hair & at night to rewrap.
Also Aveda DR has made a big difference .I only comb once I apply USC and use a wide tooth comb. Every once in a while I'll see a hair but nothing like before.

I received my EndAll today so im going to experiment with this as well.

When I see unusual breakage or shedding, I go into a "protective mode" where I don't comb, manipulate or mess with my hair between washes until I figure out what's up. . .

When I see unusual breakage or shedding, I go into a "protective mode" where I don't comb, manipulate or mess with my hair between washes until I figure out what's up. . .

Ditto, I use my favorite protein and moisture deep conditioner and leave it alone for atleast a week.

Ditto, I use my favorite protein and moisture deep conditioner and leave it alone for atleast a week.

This what I do too, deep conditioning with heat does a world of difference at sealing in moisture and restoring hair.

I get spooked on the odd occaision that I see a broken strand. I have had a few episodes where my hair became a little brittle. Don't worry Honeydew you will still retain length. These things happen.

Okay you ladies do exactly what I do. I get my deep condition on and it is all better. I have even mastered which conditioner is needed when duty calls (depending on what I have been using within the past few weeks)

I have been seriously thinking about just getting some braids and giving my hair a break. Last time I did that my hair did well.

Back