Do i HAVE to use EVOO?

Calia001

I have gallons of Olive Oil in my house, its not virgin or EVOO. Does the type really matter? or do the olives do their job in any concentration?

Melissa you have it backwards. Regular olive oil is FAR MORE refined than extra virgin, virgin, or pure. I'm not sure if you have pure or extra light but i know i can definitely taste the difference between pure and extra virgin....uggh disgusting! So I'm sure your hair will know the difference as well. I don't think it will penetrate as well but I'm sure it'll do a good job of sealing in moisture or coating the strand.

Melissa you have it backwards. Regular olive oil is FAR MORE refined than extra virgin, virgin, or pure. I'm not sure if you have pure or extra light but i know i can definitely taste the difference between pure and extra virgin....uggh disgusting! So I'm sure your hair will know the difference as well. I don't think it will penetrate as well but I'm sure it'll do a good job of sealing in moisture or coating the strand.
I agree. EVOO is un-refined, regular olive oil has a lot of other oils added to it. It's fine to use for sealing but if you're looking for an oil to penetrate that won't do it, you'll need EVOO.

Oh yeah. Thanks for correcting me LFN. I would correct my post, but i'm on my mobile now. There's still no harm in trying olive oil though.

Back