Do I have a problem??

Lovelylocs

I hate combing and brushing my hair!!
crazy.gif
I feel like whenever I do it I run the risk of my ends falling off! I only comb and/or brush every few days.(mostly on the wash days) Is this a stupid and unnecessary way to prevent the ends from breaking? Am I paranoid?

No, it helps me retain length. I also comb and brush every few days... sometimes I don't even do that, I just fingercomb.

My mom said that if I don't comb (with a comb) it more often, it'll become dreds... or locs... or whatever the proper name for them is. Is that true?

I haven't been combing my hair daily for like 3 or 4 months now.

[ QUOTE ]
Devi said:
No, it helps me retain length. I also comb and brush every few days... sometimes I don't even do that, I just fingercomb.

My mom said that if I don't comb (with a comb) it more often, it'll become dreds... or locs... or whatever the proper name for them is. Is that true?

I haven't been combing my hair daily for like 3 or 4 months now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think extreme tangling and matting would occur if you didnt comb your hair fore months at a time. i highly doubt that it would lock up though.

i dont comb my hair often either. i dont need to unless i want it picked out in a fro
smile.gif

I don't think it's stupid. As long as you aren't causing MORE problems by having so many tangles built up by the time you do comb. Then it may be a problem ...causing more breakage than necessary.

i dont comb my dry hair that often when im wearin a wash n go style. but i comb it in the shower when its wet an im doing my co wash. then i let it airdry untouched and plop it into a ponytail!

i think my hair is MUCH better than my obsessive combing like 5 times a day when its straight
smile.gif

Good... But lately I have been wishing that I was able to comb my hair more. I mean I feel guilty even using a brush to wrap my hair at night.

This could just be my imagination but it seems like when I don't comb my hair out alot, my hair seems to grow out faster. The only time I do comb is after I wash when the conditioner is in my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
sarina0000 said:
This could just be my imagination but it seems like when I don't comb my hair out alot, my hair seems to grow out faster. The only time I do comb is after I wash when the conditioner is in my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hairstyles do u wear after washing your hair and during the week to prevent combing???

I try to avoid combing as much as possible...I fingercomb once a week, and my daily style is usually a puff. At night I do 4 big braids to prevent tangles. Or, my hair is in braids with exensions so I don't comb at all for 2 months.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
sarina0000 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

what hairstyles do u wear after washing your hair and during the week to prevent combing???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't comb my hair for days either. You can part hair with fingers and do braidouts, twistouts, etc. None of those styles require combing. And when I make my ponytail, I just put moisturizer on it and fingercomb it into place. No styling tools necessary.

It works for me. Since I am aiming for growth and not styles 24-7, and it is up 99% of the time, I do not see the need. I moisturize regularly and Surge so combing regularly would be counterproductive to my goal for thick long hair in a short time. I separate with my hands to Surge, to spray moiturizer, to oil etc ends, to spray conditioner and leave ins. Then I put up in poytails with rollers on the end to restraighten after the third day, if I do not feel like wrapping or if I feel there is too much product in my hair for a good wrap that will not leave matted hair. hth Bonjour.

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
sarina0000 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't comb my hair for days either. You can part hair with fingers and do braidouts, twistouts, etc. None of those styles require combing. And when I make my ponytail, I just put moisturizer on it and fingercomb it into place. No styling tools necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a hairstyle like braids or ponytails look a mess if you dont use any styling tools like a comb or brush? My hair wouldnt look right if I just gathered all my wet or dry hair into a ponytail. I'm not White.
smirk.gif

Back