Dilemma. please help.

C

cieramichele

Im really confused on what I should do. Here is the situation - flat ironing for graduation.

Pros - showing off my beautiful silky wrap, taking a break from bunning, seeing how this new glaze looks on my hair

Cons - flat ironing my new growth (transitioning). Im want to be cautious with the temperature of course.

My flat iron does not have a temperature control :sad:. I plan on moving the flat iron quickly as well as trying to use a method to blow dry my hair straighter or I could air dry all day..maybe the cheat set method to get my roots straighter so I wont have to apply much heat. Or I can "flap" my iron on my roots.

On the other hand, I could go to Ulta and have this lady use a heat protectant and low heat while flat ironing. It might not come out like I want. :ohwell: I wonder if she can "blow out" my hair. Heck, I wonder it I can blow out my own hair.

Im just scared that the heat may destroy my new curls. Maybe intensive hair care before the day I flat iron? Im just confused.

Im really confused on what I should do. Here is the situation - flat ironing for graduation.

Pros - showing off my beautiful silky wrap, taking a break from bunning, seeing how this new glaze looks on my hair

Cons - flat ironing my new growth (transitioning). Im want to be cautious with the temperature of course.

My flat iron does not have a temperature control :sad:. I plan on moving the flat iron quickly as well as trying to use a method to blow dry my hair straighter or I could air dry all day..maybe the cheat set method to get my roots straighter so I wont have to apply much heat. Or I can "flap" my iron on my roots.

On the other hand, I could go to Ulta and have this lady use a heat protectant and low heat while flat ironing. It might not come out like I want. :ohwell: I wonder if she can "blow out" my hair. Heck, I wonder it I can blow out my own hair.

Im just scared that the heat may destroy my new curls. Maybe intensive hair care before the day I flat iron? Im just confused.

why doesn't the flat iron have a temp. control? does it have high, medium, and low settings or is it just an on/off thing? do you have time to do your hair before graduation to see if you can get it done the way you want before you go to the hairdresser? perhaps you could try rollersetting it to get it to dry as straight as possible so that later straightening will be easier. then get one of those blow dryer brushes and blow out just your roots. then you could lightly flat iron the hair that isn't quite straight. This is a guide that has helped me get straighter rollersets and made subsequent styling easier http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/2007/05/rollersetting_t.html

i think you can probably do a fabulous job with your hair. would it be possible for you to get a ceramic flat iron with temp control settings? that way you might reduce the chance of having burn spots in your hair from using an iron without temp control or consistent heat throughout the plates

How soon is your graduation? I got moisture block in about two days. I heard about it on this site from Lala via a PM, when I was trying to find out what to do to keep my hair healthy, but have it pressed too. Email or call them for a sample, and use that. Victor Sambino (president/owner) says it is waterproof and completely protects hair from heat until the next wash. lala uses it all the time and her hair is waist length. I am excited about the potential of the product. Anyways make sure you put longhairforum for where you found out about it. I want to try to negotiate some kind of future discount, if we all like it and want to order it in the future, so he said he would possibly consider it. Who knows. Anyways, Either way, it is free so what do you have to lose? www.gotfrizz.com

why doesn't the flat iron have a temp. control? does it have high, medium, and low settings or is it just an on/off thing? do you have time to do your hair before graduation to see if you can get it done the way you want before you go to the hairdresser? perhaps you could try rollersetting it to get it to dry as straight as possible so that later straightening will be easier. then get one of those blow dryer brushes and blow out just your roots. then you could lightly flat iron the hair that isn't quite straight. This is a guide that has helped me get straighter rollersets and made subsequent styling easier http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/2007/05/rollersetting_t.html

i think you can probably do a fabulous job with your hair. would it be possible for you to get a ceramic flat iron with temp control settings? that way you might reduce the chance of having burn spots in your hair from using an iron without temp control or consistent heat throughout the plates

Thanks for the assistance. Its a ceramic iron but its only on and off :(
I want a sedu.

How soon is your graduation? I got moisture block in about two days. I heard about it on this site from Lala via a PM, when I was trying to find out what to do to keep my hair healthy, but have it pressed too. Email or call them for a sample, and use that. Victor Sambino (president/owner) says it is waterproof and completely protects hair from heat until the next wash. lala uses it all the time and her hair is waist length. I am excited about the potential of the product. Anyways make sure you put longhairforum for where you found out about it. I want to try to negotiate some kind of future discount, if we all like it and want to order it in the future, so he said he would possibly consider it. Who knows. Anyways, Either way, it is free so what do you have to lose? www.gotfrizz.com

Thank you. Unfortunately its this Saturday

"Remember, hair is dead and conditioners will not stay in the hair, in fact conditioners dissipate after 2 to 3 hours. The key is to lock them into the hair and Moisture Block is the only product for hair that accomplishes that goal."

I learned something new!

Is moisture block weightless?

Either way I guess it depends on how well I distribute it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isJdinbiYGQ

ok this video is just hmmm...

brush hair when wet because it is 300% stronger and has more elasticity. Im assuming using a certain brush of course.

then he says "use water to revive curls"

yet this product is not water soluble and even steam cant damage the hair.

Back