Diffuser/Direct Heat?

jtsupanova

Is using a a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment considered direct heat? I ask because I have fallen in love with my diffuser but I don't want to hinder my progress.

I believe it is considered direct heat. How often do you use it? I wouldn't make it a habit to use it everyday (in my opinion). Are you doing wng's?

Sorry it took my so long to respond kinda forgot about the thread...been busy. No I don't use it everyday I'd say every three days at the most. I dont completly dry with it but just use it to speed up the prosess and get rid of whitehead. Heat is heat though:ohwell: Yes I'm doing wng's

I just started using a diffuser with my wash n go because I get bigger hair with it. I don't hold the dryer that close and don't concentrate on any specific strands of hair. I thought it was more like indirect heat. I hope this is right. I don't want to give up my diffuser but I don't want to use direct heat either.

I don't consider that direct heat. It's diffused heat. :wink2: IMO anything you can hold you hand in front of for 20 seconds isn't hot or direct enough to do damage.

Heat is heat. All the diffuser does is disperse the heat so that instead of getting a directed stream of hot air, you're getting more circulated air (to maintain curl patterns).

Here's the thing - if you protect your hair well before using the diffuser, it shouldn't have any negative impacts on your hair. Are you using a leave in conditioner or heat activated conditioner (i.e. APhogee's Green Tea Reconstructor or BioSilk's Heat Activated Sealant)? Are you using water? Are you using a silicone enhanced serum (i.e. Polishing Serum) to trap some of the water against your hair folicle before drying?

Heat doesn't have to be a bad thing... :)

I've been using a diffuser everyday for a year with no problem and will continue to do so. I consider it indirect heat.

Back