Determined to learn! *pics*

alanaj

Y'all I am so excited. I have been trying to get the hang of doing my own natural hair. It's been a task cus I have some THICK hair. But I can now say that I can cornrow. I know it's a small thing but it took me a LONG time to get it right and now I was so happy I had to share.
Here's a comparison of my 2nd set of braids to the 3rd. 1st set is in my album but I don't know how to link it...

Attachments

• CIMG3816.jpg
    CIMG3816.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 84
  • CIMG3706.jpg
    CIMG3706.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 74
  • CIMG3819.jpg
    CIMG3819.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG3707.jpg
    CIMG3707.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 72
  • CIMG3820.jpg
    CIMG3820.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 70
here's the top view from the 2nd time
and one of the 1st set of cornrows:wallbash:

Attachments

• CIMG3705.jpg
    CIMG3705.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 44
  • user55477_pic27078_1260615703.jpg
    user55477_pic27078_1260615703.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 62
They look good! I always feel so good when I've mastered something new with my hair.

Practice makes perfect!

You did a great job! I haven't attempted to cornrow my thick natural hair. I just don't have the patience.

Dayuuummm, Girl! You hit the road running!!! Look at you trying to shock us with your creativity...making some of us look bad. :rolleyes: Bloody show-off!

Seriously chicca, if you just learned, then I need to retire. You really did an awesome job. Psst...can you 'splain to me on the DL (I'm asking for a friend of a friend :look:) how you get your lines so straight? 360 degrees mirror? A friend? Voodoo? Any tips would be appreciated...ahem by my friend's friend. :look:

Thanks everyone!
I gotta thank youtube, especially Aviah's video. She helped me to learn in a short time what my mom has tried to explain to me for years!
practice really does make perfect

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lachen:

Dayuuummm, Girl! You hit the road running!!! Look at you trying to shock us with your creativity...making some of us look bad. :rolleyes: Bloody show-off!

Seriously chicca, if you just learned, then I need to retire. You really did an awesome job. Psst...can you 'splain to me on the DL (I'm asking for a friend of a friend :look:) how you get your lines so straight? 360 degrees mirror? A friend? Voodoo? Any tips would be appreciated...ahem by my friend's friend. :look:

hey hun braiding gets better with time...... it took me awhile growing up but ive done mastered it. I cant wait to see more of progress pics :)

To tell you the truth I stand in front of the mirror in my bathroom (the only mirror in my room) and use a rat tail comb. After about the 3rd inch or so it becomes totally dependent on touch cus i'm just guessing at how straight it might be

Back