Desperatley trying to Grow Hair, ADVICE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

Baby Girl

:nono: I have been trying to grow my hair from below shouler length forever. I have fine realxed hair. I just received lenzis request and I will start applysing that 3 -4 times a week to scalp. I also just began taking biotin vitamins. My regimen is as follows:

Wash 1x a week with creme of nature shampoo
Condition 1x a week with ors hair mayonanise (hooded dryer 20minutes)
Leave in conditioner - Fermodyl Special for relaxed hair
Wet wrap under hooded dryer with B&B foam wrap lotion
Nightly I wrap my hair with a satin scarf
Daily take prenatal vitamins

Any suggestions or recommendations will be helpful

I'm just starting to really learn about my hair after an entire year and a setback. Do you use a daily moisturizer for your hair? Is the hair mayo a protein? Maybe you need a moisturizing conditioner too?

Good luck and HHG!

Wrapping hair constantly can cause hair breakage. And because you are relaxed you should add some type of protein treatment. I also agree with the others about a daily/weekly moisturizer.

Wet wrapping seems scary to me.

I'm just starting to really learn about my hair after an entire year and a setback. Do you use a daily moisturizer for your hair? Is the hair mayo a protein? Maybe you need a moisturizing conditioner too?

Good luck and HHG!

I was just about to say that could be the problem. You may have protein overload if you only dc w/ a protein conditioner and no moisturizing conditioner at all. Maybe you can switch it up every week. dc w protein one week and then the next week use a moisturizing one. and you didn't mention a moisturizer either. maybe you can start doing that every day or every other day.

ia with what's been posted above.. a healthy diet, lots of water, and exercise will also help you reach your goals.

Protective Style and most of all BE PATIENT... your hair will grow you just have to be patient and gentle with your hair so you RETAIN you growth

Ladies what is a good moisturizer that will not weigh my hair down? Using lenzi's request will not moisturize my hair well?

How do you wear your hair in between washes? How often do you get a touch up? How much new growth do yo usually have?

Add a weekly moisturizing DC to your regimen. The ORS Mayo is protein and I believe that Fermodyl leave-in for relaxed hair is protein too. Sounds like there might be too much protein in your regimen for your hair.

Also, wet wrapping your shoulder length hair is probably causing breakage. Personally, I believe wet wrapping only works for women with short hair cuts. Try rollersetting before you go up under the dryer.

Last, I think you should add a daily moisturizing cream to your hair, or moisturize according to your hairs needs. Daily moisturizer weighs my fine hair down so I moisturize every few days or as needed.

HTH

No Lenzi's won't moisturize...I use it too, I think it definitely works...with your hair being fine, you probably don't need to apply it so often as it is a "grease" type product and may weigh your hair down. Some moisturizers to try are Elasta QP Mango Butter, Keracare Creme Hairdress, Jane Carter Leave In Spray, Elasta QP H-Two Spray. The sprays seem to work especially well with fine hair, as they don't weigh it down...you could then seal with a light oil if you like. Also have you ever airdried in the wet wrap?

Back