Deep Conditioning and Saran Wrap

Yep...turned out to be more of a pain trying to get the wrap not to stick to itself. I just went right back to using plastic caps or foil.

OMG, "You know you're ghetto when . . . "

LOL! I have done this when I run out of plastic caps and it works great! Saved me a couple trips to the store. It's all about being frugal.

and i got this off another message board

As an hairstylist, I treat my clients to a conditioner ocktail. I use plain cholesterol inwhich I add either olive oil or Kemi Oil, a reconstructor and/or liquid protein (like that stinky ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair)! I make it into a "hair pudding" and apply to the hair after every shampoo. Put a plastic cap on and sit them under the dryer. I love my clients and will go out of my way to make sure they have long and strong, shiney hair! [/QUOTE]

FashionistaNY said:
and i got this off another message board

As an hairstylist, I treat my clients to a conditioner ocktail. I use plain cholesterol inwhich I add either olive oil or Kemi Oil, a reconstructor and/or liquid protein (like that stinky ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair)! I make it into a "hair pudding" and apply to the hair after every shampoo. Put a plastic cap on and sit them under the dryer. I love my clients and will go out of my way to make sure they have long and strong, shiney hair!
taking notes on this one.

Last edited:
I have!!!!!! I actually like it! I first experienced it at a hair salon and my hair was soft so I tried it at home and I liked it then as well!!

Yea, i do it all the time and think nothing of it. I do it when i run out of shower caps.... it works just as well...Plastic is plastic... I even have used plastic grocery store bags... :eek:

Mizani_Mrs said:
Yea, i do it all the time and think nothing of it. I do it when i run out of shower caps.... it works just as well...Plastic is plastic... I even have used plastic grocery store bags... :eek:
I confess, I have too, but I ain't shamed, cause I don't look cute in a plastic cap either :rofl:

I've never used Saran wrap before, but I was thinking, the saran wrap would trap heat/steam more efficiently than a regular shower cap.

FashionistaNY said:
I've never used Saran wrap before, but I was thinking, the saran wrap would trap heat/steam more efficiently than a regular shower cap.

I found this to be true in my case. When I use Affirm 5in1 I use saran wrap and do house chose etc. I find it traps in moisture more and I used it without without heat.

OMG, and here I thought I made something up :lol: I do this often. Normally when I am in the house for the day and I just want to leave the deep conditioner in for a while. I tie it up with a scarf and go about my day.

chellee said:
OMG, "You know you're ghetto when . . . "

LOL! I have done this when I run out of plastic caps and it works great! Saved me a couple trips to the store. It's all about being frugal.
LMAO!!!! Girl please, I've used plastic grocery bags if I've run out of plastic caps.

carrie said:
LMAO!!!! Girl please, I've used plastic grocery bags if I've run out of plastic caps.
uhm, uhm, uhm. I guess I'm not as unique as I thought. I do this too!!! This is so funny :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I've always wanted to trythis method. This may sound very stupid but I don't know how to do this. Do I pile my hair on top of my hair before wrapping it up with the plastic wrap? Is my hair too long for this?

Back