Deep Brilliance for Transitioning Heads

shelli4018

Ok. After sitting here reading all the raves about DB I decided to try it out. I've been looking for products to do the following:
1.) Soften my new growth.
2.) Strengthen my relaxed ends.
3.) Provide soft hold and definition for my twistouts and buns.
4.) Decrease frizz!!
5.) Impart mega-moisture.

I purchased the moisturizing shampoo, conditioner and leave in. Took awhile to work up a lather when I shampooed. I had shea butter on and it took two tries to get it out. My hair didn't feel stripped afterward. -- Left the conditioner on for 10 minutes. It smells great and left my hair feeling soft. My relaxed ends felt silky. I was concerned about this because I'm trying to coax my 2 textures into a truce. Anyway, followed up with the leave-in and began combing it through. Now I'm not sure if I had residual shea butter going on or what. But I lost minimal amounts of hair! My hair detangled quite easily! -- Followed the DB up with Surge, a little WGO on my roots and unrefined shea butter on the length of my hair. I'm going to twist it this afternoon. I'll let you know how it turns out when I take them down in the morning.

So far, I like DB. It's just as good (if not better) than my staple products.

Yeah Shelii, like BC said, this is good to know as my new growth starts coming in thick around month three. Hopefully it will help me to extend my relaxer with no breakage. Thanks for the review.

I just finished my twists. I could comb through my hair with a rat tooth comb! I never do that. I usually use the other end just to part my hair.

Wooooo hooooooo!
clap.gif

I was waiting for someone with at least partly natural hair to try this line so I could get some details on the natural experience. Shelli - did you find that it helped detangle your new growth too? Were the results as good as those on your relaxed hair?

Yes, it worked very well on my new growth. Left it soft, downy and moisturized. I've been looking for something that would lessen the differences between my two textures.

Back