DC'ing with Ayurvedic Powders

araceli2418

I've been making a gradual move towards all natural products. I especially love ayurvedic products. Are there any powders that can be used for a deep condition?

I myself have never tried this myself. Are you pouring amix over your head and letting it sit for 20 minutes?? That is what I do then DC. I have heard Maka (goes by another name that I can't spell Bringhaj????) That is a conditioning powder. I use it in my mix but have not used it alone. I do now whne I added to my mix my dryness problems stopped. It is hard to find. I got mine from an online store called Gary and Sun. I hope this aleast sparks a conversation from people that know more than me!

Yeah, I'm thinking of a powder that can be used just like a regular DC when you put it on your head and leave it for some time. Basically a powder that would do the same thing as a regular DC. I hope that helps clear it up.

I mix Maka with my Aubrey Organics HSR, which is a natural conditioner...that is Great!!

I have never used Maka alone...or any powder alone without mixing with a condish to dc my hair.

Sorry!

Yes! Methi (fenugreek), Amla, Brahmi, Rose Powder, and Kalpi Tone are for DC'ing. You can mix it in your conditioner mix and deep condition!

Do you guys mix the actual powder into the conditioner or do you dilute it with water - then add it to the conditioner? If so, what parts are your dilutions?

Yes! Methi (fenugreek), Amla, Brahmi, Rose Powder, and Kalpi Tone are for DC'ing. You can mix it in your conditioner mix and deep condition!

Thanks. This was very helpful. Thanks to the other ladies for responding, too. Sounds like Kalpi Tone is the way to go since it has all those other powders already. I've got 3 boxes of it now. I was going to add it to my henna but instead I think I'll just add oil and use it as my DC.

I wonder if any ladies every tried adding the powder to indian oil and then apply it to the hair.? I only applied the oil to my scalp and hair first, then after about 20 mins or so I would apply the paste which is the indian powder mixed with water. Now I'm just thinking about combining the two (powder & oil).

Do you guys mix the actual powder into the conditioner or do you dilute it with water - then add it to the conditioner? If so, what parts are your dilutions?

i mix a tspn of amla and brahmi into the deep cond. i don't add water.

I wonder if any ladies every tried adding the powder to indian oil and then apply it to the hair.? I only applied the oil to my scalp and hair first, then after about 20 mins or so I would apply the paste which is the indian powder mixed with water. Now I'm just thinking about combining the two (powder & oil).

i do it as per the instructions: oil first, then apply powder paste.

Sometime I mix the powder right in my DC. Sometimes I mix the powders with my tea rinse for a paste. I havent tried mixing oils with powder. I think I will do that this week.

I did an amla treatment last weekend - I have the photos in my fotki.. I loved it!! I'll def do them more often.. I just mixed it with water and let it sit overnight ..

I have kalpi tone and heenara that I plan to use one or the other this weekend. I haven't decided which yet.

Back