DB Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme...

jada1111

For those that are having success with this product, how are you using it?

Other than smelling good, I don't find it particularly emollient or creamy enough for me. I apply products like this to DRY hair.

Is it better to use on wet/damp hair?

I'm going to try it out tonight when I do my twists for a twistout in the morning. If my hair doesn't have sheen or feel the way I "expect" it to, then it's going on the Swap board.

I didn't really like this. I mean it smelled okay but I didn't feel like it moisturized mine or my daughter's hair at all. Plus it was a little grainy I guess is how i'd describe the texture. My favorite products are the Coconut & Cupuacu Butter Pomade and the Daily Leave-in. I wonder if one of the twisting creams would be better for a twist out.

I just ordered one of the twisting creams(Avacado & Honey Twisting Cream), the Peach Kernal Hydrating Milk, and Organic Palm Fruit & Cherry Kernal Butter. Can't wait to try them out.

Oh and cause I'm nosy:look:, did you get anything else?

LOL! :lachen:

Yeah, I did:

Natural Coils Curling Jelly - can't wait to try this! I only saw two people on youtube whose hair came out beautiful using it.

Peach Kernel (Natural Curls) Hydrating Milk - I do not like the smell of this. I'm going to mix it with Jane Carter's Hair Serum to combat this awful peach scent. I didn't think it would be so strong. Also, like the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme, it doesn't seem to be emollient or sheeny enough for what I want in a hair product. I'll try it on wet hair to see what happens, cause I have a feeling if I apply it to dry hair it's not going to do anything.

Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip - This seems more moisturizing and sheeny than the products I "thought" would be. Will let you know how it turns out.

Waiting on my Komaza stuff, they should be here by Tuesday. I ordered the
Shea Butter Hair Lotion, Califia Care Styling Pudding, and Hair Nourishment Oil. This is in addition to Qhemet's Burdock Root Creme and Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee (haven't received a shipping notice yet).

I'm really trying to find a replacement for Miss Jessies's very expensive Curly Buttercreme. I don't like paying so much money for synthetic fillers that are extremely cheap to produce. I feel like I'm being taken for a ride, but unfortunately it really is the best moisturizing cream out there. The peppermint scent gets on my nerves too, but I deal with it. I can see myself spending $70 for a 16 oz jar in the future, if nothing else better comes along, which is something I really don't want to do. :nono:

:lachen: Oh okay. I've been wanting to try that gel but haven't purchaced yet. I hope it works for you. I love that most of her stuff is only $12 so if it doesn't work it's not a huge loss.

Oh and that Qhemet Burdock Root Cream is the bomb. It was my go to moisturizer but I gave it up when they changed the scent. I know it sounds dumb but I loved the old scent and when it changed I deciced to look for something else. The same thing happened with Blended Cutie Butter Me Up.

It seems that Miss Jessies Butter Cream is good everyone likes it but it's so expensive. I'm glad I've never tried it cause I'd be mad if I fell in love with it and then had to pay $70 for it.

:lachen: Oh okay. I've been wanting to try that gel but haven't purchaced yet. I hope it works for you. I love that most of her stuff is only $12 so if it doesn't work it's not a huge loss.

Oh and that Qhemet Burdock Root Cream is the bomb. It was my go to moisturizer but I gave it up when they changed the scent. I know it sounds dumb but I loved the old scent and when it changed I deciced to look for something else. The same thing happened with Blended Cutie Butter Me Up.

It seems that Miss Jessies Butter Cream is good everyone likes it but it's so expensive. I'm glad I've never tried it cause I'd be mad if I fell in love with it and then had to pay $70 for it.

It's only $58 NOW, but who knows what it will be five years from now. An 8 oz jar is $39, 2 oz is $9.

Luckily, I caught their BOGO free sale over the Christmas holidays and currently have three unopened large jars that should last me until the end of year. If another BOGO comes around I'm going to restock up. Hopefully, one of these products I've ordered from these companies could be a cheaper replacement or I'll just dedicate this year to making my OWN stuff. Been wanting to do it for awhile anyway.

Back