Daily Rollersets

itismehmmkay

Does anyone do this? or know of anyone who does this?

I have recently. I used to dry roll my hair at night anyway to make my curls last. After a while though, old hair gets mushy and looks blah. :down:

My real motivation was making where I didn't have to choose b/w workouts and hair. Here I can workout as often as I want w/ the knowledge that I'll be CW'ing daily anyway.

I basically just CW in the shower w/ a little Suave Humetress. Use a bit of NTM for detangling and pin back. Then I continue my shower, dry off, and proceed w/ post-shower duties. Then I rollerset on large rollers with the snaps and let airdry overnight.

I think I'm going to keep :up:

I have done this in the past. I had a shortcut rollerset, though, where I would just do a "mohawk" set everynight. That way, it came out mostly straight with just a bump at the ends. On my Saturday wash, I would do a full rollerset/wrap though. I like to air-dry my rollersets as much as possible, and the mohawk set was much easier to sleep on.

I used to - for *years* since I was a teen. Then, when I began working out in the early am, I now do a quick roller set before hopping into the shower. By the time I dress, my hair has nice, mild body.

BTW: I do have the rollers one designed to sleep on.

I used to - for *years* since I was a teen. Then, when I began working out in the early am, I now do a quick roller set before hopping into the shower. By the time I dress, my hair has nice, mild body.

BTW: I do have the rollers one designed to sleep on.

What type do you have and where did you get them?

I used to do this too back in my teens. I used the orange perm rods and slept in them overnight. I had shorter hair back then and it only took me about 15 min everynight to do it and I had a cute curly style in the morning.

Does anyone do this? or know of anyone who does this?

I have recently. I used to dry roll my hair at night anyway to make my curls last. After a while though, old hair gets mushy and looks blah. :down:

My real motivation was making where I didn't have to choose b/w workouts and hair. Here I can workout as often as I want w/ the knowledge that I'll be CW'ing daily anyway.

I basically just CW in the shower w/ a little Suave Humetress. Use a bit of NTM for detangling and pin back. Then I continue my shower, dry off, and proceed w/ post-shower duties. Then I rollerset on large rollers with the snaps and let airdry overnight.

I think I'm going to keep :up:

How long is your hair? How are your roots in the A.M.? Is your hair completely dry when you wake up? Thanks! :-D

How long is your hair? How are your roots in the A.M.? Is your hair completely dry when you wake up? Thanks! :-D

My hair is about chin/neck length: The length of my hair is one big motivation for doing this since air-drying in a bun is not a cute option :nono:.

My roots are straight in the AM: I attribute this to the snap cover that I use. The covers keep the rollers in place better than a pin and I think keeps those roots straight. The little line from the cover just combs right out (w/ extra attention given to the front)

Yep, my hair is completely dry in the morning: In most cases, I'll have this done by 10:30p whether I go to bed immediately after or not. I wake up by 6:30, so that's 8 hours of airdry time.

I do that is the only way for me to keep my curls. I sleep on the regular magnatic rollers with no problems. However, I am going to start setting my hair in the morning instead and see how that works. i am so used to setting my hair at night, it takes me about 15-20 min and then I'm done.

Whenever I did a rollerset I always rolled my hair up at night. It made the curls last longer. Although I didn't co-wash daily at the time I still would roll every night, even the night before I went to the hair dresser. When my hair is pressed or straight so to speak I am much more anal about how the curls flow..so wrapping was never my thing, left my hair too flat

Whenever I did a rollerset I always rolled my hair up at night. It made the curls last longer. Although I didn't co-wash daily at the time I still would roll every night, even the night before I went to the hair dresser. When my hair is pressed or straight so to speak I am much more anal about how the curls flow..so wrapping was never my thing, left my hair too flat

Same here. I think that's why it wasn't such a stretch since I was sleeping on rollers anyway. The only difference is that I'm doing daily wet sets that allow me the freedom to CoWash.

And I use large rollers w/ the snap caps and it takes about 20minutes to throw them in. I just see this as a nightly regimen that makes it where I don't have to fuss w/ my hair too much in the morning as it'll alread be done. ;)

I use the huge green flexi rods. I use 8 of them. I roll my hair when I get in from work, do what I got to do then take them out 10 minutes before bedtime. The curls are already formed so I usually put on my satin bonnet. In the morning I use a shower comb to style and go!

Love it!:yep: The rods plus my products keep my hair moisturized.

Back