Daily/Regular Cowash w/Natural Products?

PaperClip

Is it worth it/cost-effective/necessary to use natural conditioners for conditioner washes/rinses? I'm thinking that I need to cowash occasionally (maybe twice a week/every couple of days?) to get rid of build-up (not a lot).... It seems like when my hair is more clean, it lays down/waves better...a couple of days later, it lays down, but not as straight, but when I cowash it quick, it is clean and fresh....

Oh, I mean to add that I was going to use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner (just a little bit, since I hear it is so thick). It is way more expensive than other conditioners, i.e., Suave Humectress that I have and could possibly use for cowashes as well. I want to avoid oil-based products and drying ingredients....

Thanks in advance for the guidance!

I don't think it's necessary to use only natural conditioners for CO washes, unless you're apprehensive about health concerns that some people believe in. However, with CO washing most people find using cheapie conditioners without 'cones, waxes, oils work best like Suave, Vo5, Tresseme', etc. I'd recommend Vo5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner, it sounds harsh, but gently cleans and moisturizes my hair.

lwill38 said:
if you're rich, than do it.
if not...hell NO!!!

:lol: I'm FULL-TIME GRADUATE STUDENT.... FULL-TIME!!!! Haven't worked a 9 to 5 since being laid off in 2003.... Hmmm.... June 2003 to be exact! (Thanks for that flashback!) LOL!

So I wholeheartedly appreciate recommendations, esp. those great bargains, deals, discounts, etc. :)

IA with metalkitty. Unless you have some health concerns about some of the ingredients in commerical (non natural) conditioners, then using the cheapies (if they are working for you) would be fine. I use a variety of conditioners for my CW (which I usually do daily) and my favorites are VO5, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, and Freeman awapuhi & papaya. My hair doesn't like conditioners that are protein based, save VO5's moisture milks and silk experiences.

Back