Daily moisture question

bb09

Hi ladies !

I've realised that using very diluted conditioner as a moisturiser equals knots for me at the demarcation line. I added rosewater to the water and conditioner spritz, and still experienced knots /not very moisturised hair.

I was thinking of applying a light conditioner, then sealing with oil.. I don't want conditioner to just 'sit' on my hair though. What would /do you use under your daily moisturiser?

I just use curl activator gel as my moisturizer.

I might refresh my hair like 1-2 times a week.

Nothing is wrong with using a conditioner as your moisturizer. The kinky Curly Knot Today is actually a conditioner. It has all of the same ingredients you would find in a traditional conditioner (water, behentrimonium methosulfate for slip, cetyl alcohol, extracts etc). So if that is what you want to do, then do it. Others do it and their hair is just fine.

Last edited:
On wash days I always use a leave-in conditioner under my moisturizer (CHI Keratin Mist first, then apply a creamy moisturizer)

I just use curl activator gel as my moisturizer.

I might refresh my hair like 1-2 times a week.

Nothing is wrong with using a conditioner as your moisturizer. The kinky Curly Knot Today is actually a conditioner. It has all of the same ingredients you would find in a traditional conditioner (water, behentrimonium methosulfate for slip, cetyl alcohol, extracts etc). So if that is what you want to do, then do it. Others do it and their hair is just fine.
Thanks. Wouldn't condish just sit on hair? I'm talking about inbetween wash-days.

Technically, most things that you apply to your hair do nothing but "coat" your hair and sit on top of them. That is not necessarily a bad thing though because it helps to guard against friction between your hair strands. Most ingredients in hair products except for some, are too large to penetrate your hair strands.

With that said, in between wash days I just spray my hair with a moisturizing spray (Worlds of curls comb out spray) about 1-3 times a week (lately it has been once a week).

I use s-curl lightly, then EVOO lightly, then NTM Silk Touch lightly, and my hair is sooooo soft (15 wks post)

In between wash day, I moisturize with a solution of water, glycerin, and oils (olive, sunflower, and castor). Sometimes I just spritz with water and add my shea butter mix or coconut oil.

I use a mix of distilled water + aloe vera juice with a drop or two of tea tree oil under my leave in. I usually make enough of my mixture in a spray bottle for the week.

Back