(Daily) co-washers: INfrequent clarifying????

audacity.

I really try to clarify once a month, but lately, I've been putting it off. After I washed my hair today, my detangling session was sooooo smooth!!! My comb seemed to glide through my hair and I know once I clarify it, it is going to be a tangled mess that I simply don't want to deal with!

I've seen such an improvement in my hair since I swiched up my reggie....*sigh* I know clarifying is a necessary evil. I just don't want to do it!!!!

Am I the only one who doesn't like to clarify because of the time it take to detangle your hair?????

*sigh* again... :sad: Are there any INfrequent claifyers out there?

I can't say that I clarify INfrequently, but I do so INconsistently. Does that count? What I mean is, I clarify when I know I've used products that will easily build up in my hair, and I want to make sure I'm not going to have a problem. But even when I do clarify, DenverGirl, I don't have a tangled mess. I use Aveda Detox poo, followed by a co wash, then a DC with heat. My hair doesn't tangle with this process. HTH

I don't even know how often I clarify. I just do it when my hair starts looking dull. Sometimes it's once a month, sometimes a few months. I don't clarify religiously because that's just an extra step to add to my regimen, and I'm too lazy for all that :lol:

I need to clarify today, but I keep putting it off saying ''I'll do it later'' But I just don't want to do it! **pouting** I don't wanna! :cry3:

This may be TMI, but I only clarify when scratch my scalp with either my fingers or a comb and notice that white buildup.

Otherwise, I keep on moving. I hate the dry feeling after clarifying.

If clarifying is doing it only when I use Aphogee- then Im your girl.
I use Suave Clarifying. One shampoo does the trick!

Since I started daily Co-washing I have been using Suave Clarifying Shampoo(once every 3-4weeks) also and have had good results. I don't even attempt to detangle my hair until after it has been conditioned so I wouldn't know if the shampoo caused any real tangling...Either way I think you will be fine if you follow up with your favorite conditioner.

I've been using VO5 Clarifying Conditioner (Lime Kiwi) and it's the truth for my hair. No tangles, no stripped feeling and I use it a couple of times a week. It's one of my staples - cheap and does the job! :grin:

I've recently fell in love with DCing on dry hair and following up with co-washing! I don't want to clarify or use a sulfate free shampoo EVER AGAIN (lol j/k)....I mean the shampoos I own don't strip my hair, but my hair feels soooo much better without it. I'm not experiencing any build up yet so I'm going to continue with this reggie...

When I daily co-washed, after a while, my hair got used to it. So, I clarified every 3-4 weeks. Once a week, I would mix baking soda with a clarifying conditioner(VO5 Clarifying Conditioner or Aussie Cleanse & Mend) to help prevent buildup and it helps you less on having to clarify frequently. I tend to use castor oil on my scalp.

I only clarify if the hair is stiff and feels coated. The way to eliminated having to regularly do it--to make sure that you use conditioners with no or minimal cones.

I use to clarify with the Aloe Ridd by Nexxus. Well let me say it is in the garbage, that stuff left my hair a hot mess. I now use Organic Root Simulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo, once a month. And it leaves my hair so soft and smooth. I think you need to find what works best for your hair. Not all clarifiers are equal.

Back