CW with MNT - anyone??

rosie

Has anyone used Main and Tail to do their conditiner washes?

What were your results?

Did it help/hinder?

For those that use the conditioner as a leave in or a rinse out conditioner, what are your results, etc?

Here's the deal:
My 8 yo has thick 4a/4b hair. I have been CW with a DDTA for a few months now. Cured the dryness. However, now her hair is just a little too soft and porous. It breaks on the ends and she is not retaining length.

So I thought that if I used MNT (because it has a protein aspect to it) to CW and just use the DDTA to condition with, then it would give her the protein (strength) and moisture she needed. Hoping the two would balance each other out.

So what do you think?

It was not so great for me, It had no slip so it just sat on my hair. I have had great results from using a cholestrol/NTM for the co-wash and using MNT as a leave it before I baggy.

I started doing my CW with MNT about a month and a half ago for the same reason that you want to. I needed more protein but using the MNT as a leave in was a bit much sometimes. I still use it as a leave in sometimes but I am very careful. As a CW conditioner it works great for me. I follow my wash with a moisturizing deep treatment and I get the prefect balance of protein and moisture.

I use MNT for my CWs. Every once in a while I add honey to give it some extra moisture. I like using it for braidouts and setting my ends on rods too.:)

I tried MNT as a co wash it cause breakage for me,I guess it was too much protein for my hair.
My hair was literally breaking with just one use.
I threw the bottle away.

Thanks,

As I am the guinea pig for my daughter's hair, I used it last night.

I CW with MNT condish and deep condished with Pantene Deep hydrating something or nother.

It detangled well. (Probably because my hiar was in a straight style instead of my mini twists)

It blowed dried well and still felt soft. (I think the Heat Activated Hot Sheen by BNS helped). It even flat ironed well, and my ends (which were less than straight at Easter time) are nice and flat and they look good.

Yep, I'm sure that this will work on dd head.

Thank you ladies for your replies.

I didn't know that there was a moisturizing one. I only saw the regular shampoo and conditioner. I just bought the big bottle of conditioner.

I used it on DD's hair this weekend. I was very careful with it and used what I remembered of the C&G combing method to detangle.

I used a good moisturizing conditioner on her hair. that sat for about an hour while she was hleping her dad marinate steaks and start the grill. I had time to do my youngest's head (she doesn't require much to get her head done. We can have it washed, conditioned, detangled and styled in about 90 minutes.)

Dd's hair came out nice. I put it in one of her favorite styles. cornrows angled back from her face and 2stwists in the back.

I am going to keep trying this and see how it works for her. I'm gonna have to get a good swimmer's shampoo/condish for the summer. ANy suggestions?

Back