CUT MY HAIR AND CLOSER TO GOAL

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
I just cut my hair last night and I'm getting closer and closer to my first goal that is having a blunt shoulder length cut.Of course I was enjoying all the newgrowth I retained, but my sides were very thin, and just dusting the stray spit ends(which were many)was making my sides look thin. I decided to just give myself a good trimming. I started just dusting, but got kind of scissor happy and just chopped off a whole bunch in one go. I don't look back. I love the health of my hair now that it's cut. My hair is very fine and I don't have that much hair either(I got that from my mom's side), so I prefer the blunt cut for fullness.
I'm closer to my first goal, then I'm going to let my hair grow freely until it gets to my brastrap.
The 2 last pictures on my hair progress album show the cut. It isn't styled or anything, that's why it doesn't look that nice but let me just get my bantu knots going and it will look cute again. Right now I'm sporting a drawstring ponytail with the baggie technique underneath. I'm so happy with my achievements!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif
Sorry for rambling

Wildflower

/images/graemlins/clap.gifYAY!!!!!!! CONGRATS, WILDFLOWER! YOU KNOW YOU'RE MY GIRL! I VIEWED THE ALBUM, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR PROGRESS IS SUPERB!

Thanks, I can't wait to get to my goal. I'm going to style my hair and put some make up on so I can have some half way decent looking pictures with my shorter hair, instead of looking like a little bushy haired troll.

Very good progress and your hair looks so healthy and full- you did a great job on the trim /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Awww girl, your October pictures are gorgeous!! I understand your motive for the trim (um...I guess... /images/graemlins/look.gif), but /images/graemlins/orders.gif PUT DOWN THOSE SCISSORS!! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif But at least now your hair will grow back all one length, and you will have the blunt look you're going for. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Your hair looks great before and after the cut.
56.gif
I am with Lindy though /images/graemlins/orders.gif PUT DOWN THOSE SCISSORS

Ok, I'll put down those scissors for about 3 months or so, then I'll get to my first goal and I'll let go of those scissors. I feel that addiction coming back!! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

You hair looks wonderful- not thin at all! And hopefully, if you don't mind, I was looking at your family pics- everyone looks beautiful and happy, especially that pretty marshmallow baby! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Reminds me of my daughter at her age,well my daughter is only 15 months now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'll put down those scissors for about 3 months or so, then I'll get to my first goal and I'll let go of those scissors. I feel that addiction coming back!! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I see I'm not the only one who has this goal. I'll have updates coming soon of my progress as well. I love thick and big hair and the more I get rid of my layers the better my hair looks to me.

I'm with you, once I reach my all one length goal, I'll put down the scissors./images/graemlins/spinning.gif /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

Your hair looks fantastic! Keep up the GREAT work! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What's your method for trimming?

[/ QUOTE ]

I part my hair in the middle and comb very smoothly. Starting from my sides, I get a section of hair and measuring with my fingers and trying to cut it as straight, I snip and keep snipping it in a straight line , section by section, looking in the mirror to see if it's kind of straight. It's kind of hard to cut your own hair in a straight line because you don't have eyes in your back, but I try to get as close as possible.
It was much easier when I had short layered hair, because I would just go by the feel, and all was fine, but now that I want it straight, it's tougher. In 3 months or so I may just go style my hair myself and just go to a supercuts or something like that so she can cut my hair dry just to even it out.

Asha97 - I agree with you. I know that if my hair was much longer, I wouldn't have the nerve to cut it all one length and lose all that precious length, but since I'm far away from brastrap, it's easeir for me to get it even now, then let it grow freely.

You are very pretty. You hair looks nice at all lengths. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Asha97 - I agree with you. I know that if my hair was much longer, I wouldn't have the nerve to cut it all one length and lose all that precious length, but since I'm far away from brastrap, it's easeir for me to get it even now, then let it grow freely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! That's exactly my plan! You GROW girl! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Your new pics look great!! It's hard to believe you did that trim yourself... your ends look perfect!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif Your hair looks very thick and healthy!! /images/graemlins/up.gif

I have a question for you about your bantu knot set pics that you have in your album... when you did those knots, did you wet your hair at all or did you do them dry?? I'd like to try that style -- I love those loose waves you have in those pics!! /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Lindy, to get that bantu knotout look I start with airdry hair.I just add some mosturizer and I do moisten it, but very little, I just add a dime size of liquid(water or leave in) to my hair before knotting. The 2 October pictures are from the second day.I usually just redo the knots every night, but I got lazy, so for those pictures I just wore scarf to bed and I woke up with messy waves which I don't mind at all.
I tried the knots with bone dry hair, but the waves don't hold as well. I tried it with wet hair, but I get tight curls instead of loose waves, so I just wet my hands and put that amount of moisture on my hair.
Good luck with the look!!

Back