Curly Pudding or Curling Custard?

Curly Pudding or Curling Custard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CutiePie0Five

Hi ladies,

First of all, I need to admit that I AM A PROUCT JUNKIE! =) But I think it's okay because I'm transitioning, so I need to find all new products for my changing hair...

Anyway, I just wanted to know whether or not you prefer Ms. Jessie's Curly Pudding, or Kinky Curly's Curling Custard? They're both kinda expensive, but if they last long and work well, I'm willing to pay for one of them....

Help me out pleaseeeee

Good thread. I am very curious in both of these products. I hope everyone that votes states why they likeone more than the other.

I really want to try curling custard one day...I need a pic to put in my "products to try" album, lol!

I would like to try the Curly Pudding... not to make my hair look curly... but for braidouts or twistouts. I remember seeing some website someone posted of this natural lady who put this on her hair before braiding or twisting her hair up. After she let it dry, she unraveled her hair and had a pretty braidout or twistout style.

I am natural...I did a rod set with curling custard the other day and it was soooo soft and shiny. I love that stuff! My friend uses it for just regular wash and go's and she had great definition!!!

I just ordered some curll pudding the other day. It should be delivered 2day, I missed the UPS man yesterday. Im hoping I have a great experience with it. I will post my results in my album once I use it. I have a friend that has used it after I told her about it and she likes it.

CutiePie0Five said:
Also, has anyone tried the substitute for the curly pudding that's posted under hair recipes? Does that work well too?

Hi, :wave:

Yes this works really good and it is cheaper as well. :up: As a matter of fact I still use it to this day. :yep: I've never tried the curly pudding or curling custard, but I would like to one day. Just so I can compare between the homemade recipe and the Miss Jessie.

Well I have both and I did not have success with either. Still trying to figure it out. The CP left white (or light purple, whatever) in my hair and it didn't give me the loose curl I wanted, but I also didn't use a rat tail comb (and don't want to). The CC gave me more definition but my hair was still a little frizzy and kinda hard, maybe I used to much. Hopefully if I keep at it something will work. Going to try again this week.

The Curly Pudding has a really nice smell and it works really well...but IMO it's not worth $40 a bottle. You have to use gobs of it if you have long or thick hair, and you run out of it really quickly. You can get similar results with a less expensive hair gel. It does tend to leave hair a little crunchy.

I've never tried the Curly Custard.

caltron said:
The Curly Pudding has a really nice smell and it works really well...but IMO it's not worth $40 a bottle. You have to use gobs of it if you have long or thick hair, and you run out of it really quickly. You can get similar results with a less expensive hair gel. It does tend to leave hair a little crunchy.

I've never tried the Curly Custard.

Very true. After experimenting with the Fantasia Gels, I won't be purchasing the CP again.

I am still interested in trying the KCCC.

I have bought and tried both and voted for the Curly Pudding.

Pros/Cons of Curly Pudding

Pro:
*Nice scent (as long as I don't go overboard)
*Elongates my curls
*Curls hold up for a week
*Easy access for purchasing (I live in NY)
* I don’t need to use a ton to get results. I section my hair in three and apply a teaspoon full of CP to each section, adding a little more if needed.

Con:

* Hair can get a bit hard but this can be negated by using a leave in conditioner beforehand
* Drying time takes f o r e v e r
* CP results aren't as effective with conditioner washes but CW's don't work for me so it's not a problem.

Pros/Cons of Curling Custard

Pro:

• leaves hair moist

Con:

* It does not elongate my hair, looks great when wet, not good when dry (makes the different lengths of my hair extremely apparent)
* If too much is used, hair can and will get sticky and gross
* Style lasts for a max of about 2 days.
* Shipping Cost

For both products, I don't bother with the shingling method, I place my hair in three sections, apply my leave in, comb through and then apply the curly pudding, rewetting if necessary. I have tried the shingling method in the past with a wide tooth comb for both products and the results for CP were much better than CC. I have also experimented with other products (Fantasia, Curl Activator, various gels and I always come back to CP). I can justify the price because it lasts a long time.

I think LYDC gives a good summary of the pros and cons.
I like both products and often leave cc under the cp. Usually with CP I can get a style to last for awhile.

Thank you ladies for your responses...

On Ms. Jessie's website it said that the Curly Pudding was great for transitioners. I took that to mean that it makes the new growth lie down well, and easier to comb. Is this true? Are there any transitioners out there that use this?

Back