CURLY CUSTARD IS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!

Kurlee

Well, I tried curly custard and i'm done with the idea of texturizing. It is fantastic! I took my braids out about a week ago and got my hair blown out to trim the ends. I worked out and sweated out my press so i conditioner washed and slapped the stuff in. My hair is curly when wet, but once it dries, holy shrinkage..... I expected the curls to disappear, but they stayed shiny and firm and they shrunk but not as extreme as i expected. I LOVE IT!!!! All the naturals who want to rock a curly fro and are considering a texturizer, try this first!!!! U just might change ur mind. I been getting compliments all day.

Last edited:
Glad you like it! It was too Goopy for me. I need less goop and more definition. I'm a Miss Jessie's fan...But, Imma have to try IC w/Sparkle lites...I heard it works very well for $5.

Last edited:
I like FANTASIA on the hair line but for my whole head it doesn't do the job. The custard is a little goopy, but once it dries the goop dies down. I'm a 4a by the way.

I tried it and it just sat on my hair. I'm thinking I used too much. Did you apply it in sections or did you just work it through your whole head. I have only used it once and I am thinking about selling it or giving it away after I try it one more time.

The Ic gel w. sparkelites workk well too, but I'm sucj a PJ, I may just but the custard to see how my hair likes it..... :rolleyes: :lol:

I've never tried curly custard. So many products I'm afraid my hair is going to cry out :eek: mercy... I use curly pudding on occasion but IC gel with sparkle lights gives same effect without the smell. (grape\laven). IC gel only costs $2.99 in the BSS around here. Don't pay more than $4

i like curly custard. i'm on about my third container (cause i use it on my children's hair sometimes too)

i'm at that in between stage with my hair where i want to grow it out but it's lost that convenient twa length. making it curl down kind of keeps me from cutting it.

i found it works best if you:

1) deep condition the hair
2) rinse thoroughly and use knot today or the vo5 as she suggests, not too much though
3. work the custard through hair and towards the back
4) most important, sit under a dryer to calm that stuff down.

what i like most is how it deals with moisture. that's its most endearing quality. this is the healthiest my color-treated hair has ever been.

so, used correctly, this is a keeper.

P1

I liek the mositure factor too. ( @ patient1)

My hair was soft ans shiny all day, i kept checking to see if it had flopped, but it stayed the same way from morning all day. I think what made the difference is i used it on semi/almost-dry hair. I didn't put it on soaking wet hair . . hmmm????

Last edited:
I love curly custard. I used it all summer--my hair was always moisterized. I did buy the miss jessie cp and cm--but because I decided to flat iron my hair for awhile (temporary to change up my style) I only used them a couple of times.

But I highly recommend curly custard--(I've been transitioning since Jan).

Do buy a clarifying shampoo b.c. I found that after a few months--my hair wouldn't take to any product until I clarified.

You can buy curly custard from kinky-curly.com. I can't remember how it cost, with shipping I believe I paid about $32 so the product itself must be twenty-something.

Back