***Crown and Glory Challenge***Month 6 Updates

Miz_Complexity

Hello ladies it is that time again to check in.
I have posted some new pictures in my album I think it is called June Braids. I have had cornrows the last two weeks in June. I have to do a deep condition treatment this saturday is the big wash day.I will keep cornrows in for the month. I will also use my MTG and continue to take my vitamins.I am drinking more water and working out. I would like to do a some dusting on my ends this weekends as well.

I want to see some up dates.:lol:

Yours cornrows are really nice and neat, i like your newgrowth too. I have some results after six weeks of braids and MTG. I will be removing them in two weeks...to do a treatment then straight into cornrows for 6 weeks, i need to drink more water and begin excerise and diet plan plus i have to take my vits ..i have lots of work to do.

six weeks after MTG

picture001-vi.jpg

picture007-vi.jpg

i am taking down some micros right now ...i don't think i have that much grow i think this is the last time i get braids i may try to find a professional to do some twist ...i am going to post udates tomorrow....

I've been looking for the C&G Group:lol:

Yes, I've stuck to my twists for two months... washed them & took them out about 2 weeks ago & I have masive growth....
My NG is back to being hard to tame so I am retraining it... I have 28 days left til I relax it... I was going to see if I could wait til After Aug but I am struggle in my last 28 days:look:

Well, I'm moisturizing like crazy & trying to maintain a decent hairstyle.... So far so good - I hope this stretch works out for me....

I hope the rest of you ladies are fairing well also & keep up the good work!:wave:

I'll update my photos by months end...

den1, how often do you use MTG. I have found a way to mask the smell so I want to use it more often.

Ok ladies keep the up dates coming. Sorry Ashee I was running late today. It was pay day and I was shopping for new products.:lol:

den1 said:
Yours cornrows are really nice and neat, i like your newgrowth too. I have some results after six weeks of braids and MTG. I will be removing them in two weeks...to do a treatment then straight into cornrows for 6 weeks, i need to drink more water and begin excerise and diet plan plus i have to take my vits ..i have lots of work to do.

six weeks after MTG

picture001-vi.jpg

picture007-vi.jpg

Thanks den1 you are my inspiration.

HoneyDew said:
den1, how often do you use MTG. I have found a way to mask the smell so I want to use it more often.
I only apply MTG once-twice a week. I mask the smell with Rosemary, Lavendar EOs mixed in with my homemade braid spray and it works well.

I had my box braids in for three weeks. I think I will put in some tiny twists again next weekend. I plan on maxigliding this weekend so hopefully that will show my progress.

Hello to the ladies who have not checked in. I hope you show and tell us about your progress. I don't want to call any body out.:lol:

Ok ladies sunday is goibng to be the big wash day for me. I will be dusting my ends and deep conditioning my hair. It will be put in cornrows and I will be wearing a wig this month.

I must say ii have not been very vigilant with this challenge. Will be putting in braids in a few weeks. Meanwhile it's wash, condition and wear up.

I now use MTG + Rosemary+peppermint+better braids growth Oil 1 X a week and avocado and shea butter spray by next image 2X a week. Last week I tried to wash my hair and they just kept slipping out and it looks old after two weeks. So now I have to get them redone. I will be washing my hair every 4 weeks on the braid challenge( I know it sounds nasty),just using sea breeze on my scalp. every other week,to prevent slippage.

i have been wearing a weave..when i take this out i will be braiding..i did not get my mtg yet..but i got a sticker from UPS saying i missed them..so i have been using infusium for moisture..and WGO..

I just started my second month in individuals braids. I've opted for a minimalist approach in caring for my hair while in these braids. I pretty much stick to the Crown & Glory Technique. I place a stocking cap on my head when I shampoo on Saturdays (a la Den1).

I'm not using MTG or Surge. Last time I used Surge and had lots of dreading with the new growth and I had to remove the braids in 1 month. This time, I have less growth but also less maintenance. I like it!

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures because my 2 year old keeps me very busy. I will try to take some before I remove the braid extensions on August 6th. I love this style and want to wear my hair like this again. The style is very similar to pic of Alicia in my Avatar.

Back