Creating Generic Brand Products

Barbara

Princess
I want to create a generic version of an expensive shampoo and conditioner. I feel it will be less expensive in the long run.

Does anyone make their own generic brand of their expensive shampoo and conditioner to keep cost down? For example, for those of you who love Aveda's shampoo and conditioner, but you don't want to pay the high price during these tough economic times, and you don't want to stop using it because it has never failed you because it has lived up to it's name.

If so, how do you go about figuring out the ratio of the ingredients? Do you get your ingredients from chemistry.com or some other website? If so, which ones? Do you consult a chemist?

My stylist told me it would be better to just leave matters alone, since I would have to be dealing with all those chemicals. I agree; but from time to time, I think about trying other expensive brands without breaking my budget.

Girl, after you spend the money buying all the ingredients, waste half of it trying to get the formula right, and run the risk of causing damage to your hair, you may as well go ahead buy a few bottles of it and call it a day.

Back