could this have Scurl beat?

peacelove

After reading the July raves thread I saw someone mention that they did NOT like Scurl and it did not match Sta So Fro for them. Well I just ran out of Scurl and while I was in Walgreens I picked up Sta So Fro Hair & Scalp Spray. I think I may like this more than scurl. Does anyone else use this? What are your thoughts? Here are my concerns - it has Lanolin and protein in it. Is lanolin a no-no in the hair? Also not sure how protein daily in my hair will stand up. My hair stays very moisturized with this product though.

I would love to hear from anyone who is currently using this product!
smile.gif

I use it, and I don't think it has a lot of protein in it.. it works very well for my hair. I mainly use it when I'm in cornrows, but it's also good for when you have a lot of new growth and combouts are murderous!

I like it kinda. It's a little to sticky or me. my fav water/glycerin product is call Comb-thru Softener. It's not as watery as S-curl and not as sticky as Sta-Sof-Fro and it smells great. i love curl activators.

[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
I like it kinda. It's a little to sticky or me. my fav water/glycerin product is call Comb-thru Softener. It's not as watery as S-curl and not as sticky as Sta-Sof-Fro and it smells great. i love curl activators.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, ok maybe I will try this one then. It is a bit sticky for my taste. But my hair stays softer than with just the scurl. Is this by Right on?

I love Sta Sof Fro! I use the one that comes in a tube. It smells good & keeps my hair soft.

Peacelove,
I was the one you said Scurl was a miss for me and could not compare to Sta So Fro.
Sta So Fro can be sticky if you use to much just a little dab will do.
Sometimes I spray it in my hand and apply to my hair mor and I also use Surge before appling Sta So Fro and I have no
breakage of course my hair loves protein.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
Peacelove,
I was the one you said Scurl was a miss for me and could not compare to Sta So Fro.
Sta So Fro can be sticky if you use to much just a little dab will do.
Sometimes I spray it in my hand and apply to my hair mor and I also use Surge before appling Sta So Fro and I have no
breakage of course my hair loves protein.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, thanks Labett! Maybe I was overdoing it. I will try this for a while and see how it does with me.
smile.gif

i just got some of this the other day...i havent needed to reapply yet...i go the rub on and applied to my scalp...i have used other curl products when i transitioned...and they sucked...loll...sta-sof-fro will be my right hand product for a while

Now this is my kind of thread!!! Several months ago I posted a long one about the wonders of Sta-Sof-Fro!!! This stuff is AWESOME!!! It is sooooooooooooooooo good! It's great for naturals or relaxed! When I was relaxed I'd use this stuff and get so much mileage out of stretching my relaxer. Also, as a natural, this stuff makes my hair so soft!!! I even have a co-worker that can't keep his hands out of it because it makes it so puffy yet soft!!! I LOVE this stuff!! It's a great one for everybody!!! Your hair will be moisturized and soft and supply from root to end!!! AND..................not greasy!

OH, by the way, I LOVE SCurl too!!! Actually, I'm using that right now until I run out, then will get some more of the Sta-Sof-Fro!! Both of these are great leave my hair feeling like I remember it when I was a little girl. It's so soft I'm like obsessed with playing in my hair all day! AND.............I actually LIKE people touching it now because I'm so proud of my natural!!! It's fun! I used to feel like somebody's chia pet - like why are people always wanting to touch my hair (It was different from when I was relaxed and you know people are trying to see if it's all yours or not), but this is like people wanting to feel what this afro hair feels like. So I'm like - go ahead - and they're always like, OH my gosh.......it's so soft!!! I wasn't always like this, but this Sta-Sof-Fro makes it OK AS LONG AS THEY DON'T MESS UP MY FRO!!! Tee Hee!! :-)

Back