CORIOLISS- Why is it so cheap on Ebay but So Expensive at the Mall?

seraphim712

I'm just wondering.

I went to the mall today to look for it after my hair stylist used on my hair (which came out very nice) two weeks ago. I saw the kiosk where it was being sold. The man who was selling it tried to test it on my hair, but I refused seeing how dirty it was. I told him I already knew how it worked since my stylist used it on my hair; I asked him about the price, and he said it was on sale for $90 (original price $120) but only for today. I told him that I didn't have any money on me at the moment and he said, are you telling me that you don't have a credit card, debit card, cash, anything? Then why are you here at the mall? My reply: There is such thing as job hunting:ohwell:

He asked me what type of flat iron I was currently using, and I told him that I had a CHI. He said the CHI wasn't a good flat iron since it didn't have a temperature control and the plates weren't really ceramic, but
metal with ceramic coating. And that the Corioliss was 100% ceramic.

After that I told him that I was in a hurry to meet up with my mom and sister, so I would consider saving up for the original price. He tried to pull one last sales trick and that he would sale it to me for $70 if I brought my mom and sister back with me to the kiosk. :lol: I told ok, but never came back because of him being rude and a bit too aggressive. I don't think he was getting that many sales anyway....

Well I came here to do research on the Corioliss and found out by the wonderful ladies here on LHCF that I could get the same exact flat iron for $20 on ebay. I did a search on ebay and saw that you ladies were right!!! So my question is, why in the world is he trying to sell me this flat iron for $70, $90, or $120 when I can get the same flat iron for $20 on ebay?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there something that I don't know about this?

O/T, but the NERVE of that guy asking that! He deserves to be stomped in the ***! :mad:

seraphim712 said:
I'm just wondering.

I went to the mall today to look for it after my hair stylist used on my hair (which came out very nice) two weeks ago. I saw the kiosk where it was being sold. The man who was selling it tried to test it on my hair, but I refused seeing how dirty it was. I told him I already knew how it worked since my stylist used it on my hair; I asked him about the price, and he said it was on sale for $90 (original price $120) but only for today. I told him that I didn't have any money on me at the moment and he said, are you telling me that you don't have a credit card, debit card, cash, anything? Then why are you here at the mall? My reply: There is such thing as job hunting:ohwell:

He asked me what type of flat iron I was currently using, and I told him that I had a CHI. He said the CHI wasn't a good flat iron since it didn't have a temperature control and the plates weren't really ceramic, but
metal with ceramic coating. And that the Corioliss was 100% ceramic.

After that I told him that I was in a hurry to meet up with my mom and sister, so I would consider saving up for the original price. He tried to pull one last sales trick and that he would sale it to me for $70 if I brought my mom and sister back with me to the kiosk. :lol: I told ok, but never came back because of him being rude and a bit too aggressive. I don't think he was getting that many sales anyway....

Well I came here to do research on the Corioliss and found out by the wonderful ladies here on LHCF that I could get the same exact flat iron for $20 on ebay. I did a search on ebay and saw that you ladies were right!!! So my question is, why in the world is he trying to sell me this flat iron for $70, $90, or $120 when I can get the same flat iron for $20 on ebay?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there something that I don't know about this?

Because even those kiosk in the mall are extremely expensive to rent and especially if the mall is in a high end area. Some vendors triple the wholesale price per unit when they resale, that's standard, but that greedy son of a gun and his rudeness :eek: should definatley take a flying leap he was just being a bully.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I checked it out on eBay because of this thread. Now I'm thinking about getting one to add to my collection...:look:

Technically, it's not a "product", right? Even if I have banned myself from buying products...I can still treat myself to some tools...:grin:

bklynwildheart said:
O/T, but the NERVE of that guy asking that! He deserves to be stomped in the ***! :mad:

LOL That was his first mistake. If he hadn't let that slip out his mouth, I would've considered getting one from him. But he was all around rude and way too aggressive. And I was the one who approached him, while he was trying to call women to the kiosk. But they were just looking at him like he was crazy. :lol:

I guess trying to be nice always causes people to think that they can take advantage of you...

cicilypayne said:
Because even those kiosk in the mall are extremely expensive to rent and especially if the mall is in a high end area. Some vendors triple the wholesale price per unit when they resale, that's standard, but that greedy son of a gun and his rudeness :eek: should definatley take a flying leap he was just being a bully.:mad: :mad: :mad:

On top of that the flat iron was filthy!!! I told him that I wouldn't let him use it on me unless he cleaned it first...

Thanks for the info, but I went to the official Corioliss site and they were selling the same flat iron at a lesser price than he was offering.

Aalize said:
Beware of bootlegs on eBay....

I'm always aware of that, but it's really hard to tell who's really selling the real thing and who's selling a fake, since you only have the computer picture to look at.

Have you had a similar experience Aalize?

I'm considering just getting a Solia from Folica.com.

seraphim712 said:
I'm always aware of that, but it's really hard to tell who's really selling the real thing and who's selling a fake, since you only have the computer picture to look at.

Have you had a similar experience Aalize?

I'm considering just getting a Solia from Folica.com.

Great iron. I got a pink one and I love it. I like it better than my FHI

Aalize said:
Beware of bootlegs on eBay....

Ditto!

Not to be funny, but especially be weary of sellers who sell them in bulk (especially from China, they bootleg ANYTHING there).

I don't even trust ebay anymore :nono: . Thet bootleg everything.

Plus you mines well get it from folica for the warranty. Some companies do not honor a warranty if the product was brought from ebay.

I really need to get one w/ temp control. All my CHI does is fry my hair, and it's not really all round ceramic plates, just metal plates w/ ceramic coating. The darn flat iron is starting to show its true colors now, smoking and everything. I don't know if I can even sell it. I might as well throw it away.

However, I can't decide between the Corioliss and the Solia. I've seen the ratings for both, which is 4 out of 5. But I've seen before and after pics from customers who used the Solia, and the results are very nice. It's so hard to choose...

Back