Controlling the Naps 4a/b

akilijata

How do you ladies cope with the edges and kitchen area while stretching your relaxer. I'm trying to stretch using protective styles, (a bun) but my naps just won't let me. Help!!!!!!

I use s-curl and 100% aloe vera gel. If I brush the edges with a soft toothbrush this works fine. I also use phytodefrisant relaxing balm.

I use a light hair creme, (Parnevue Growth Creme works good)..apply just little to my edges, brush till nice and smooth and proceed to twist my hair up. I also find that not pulling your styles really tight saves your hairline and edges. If you are having thinning edges and/or breakage I suggest trying Biotin Creme by Vitatress. I use this product on my egdes sometimes before I go to bed and my hairline remains nice and full along with the rest of my hair, you only need just a little. The little tube SHOULD last you at least a month.

When I had damaged hair, the hair at the nape had many [of what people called] "bee-dee-bees." After co-washing daily, the hair at my nape grew so long.

The best you can do is leave it alone, yet keep it moisturized with anything lying around. Try not to brush your hair much. You really don't have to buy much because even water mixed with conditioner [applied with a spray bottle] could do the trick. HTH

Last edited:
I agree with the below statements!:yep: Wrapping the scarf really helps to keep the hair in the kitchen & on the edges lying down to allow the bun effect to work!!:look:

I am natural and use Wild growth oil the tie down my edges with a scarf. That stuff is magical lol. I dont even need gel anymore.

I have Verifen Hairline Creme but I've hardly used it. It's made especially for taming those naps on the edges. Besides using the scarf, I haven't really been paying attention to my naps when stretching, no products, I just let it be.:look:

I condition was, use world of curls, or silk efx on my edges and nape area. But if it gets to bad and I want to stretch longer, I get braids.

I think that tying down your hair with a scarf is the best method. After washing I do this and my hair lays down. I also do this at night and it works just as good.

As far as the back of my hair, which is kinda of nappy because I am trying to grow it out (relaxing every other time), I don't know. It does lay down with the scarf method but will get "nappy" by the end of the day. I usually just apply some moisturizer and smooth it down with my fingers.

On another note: I have to say that Biotin Creme by Vitatress (Nexxus) is the truth. My hairline and kicthen have grown while using this creme (I am on month two of my tube, which cost $11.00).

This is a good question. This is one of the reasons I don't wear buns, I wear my hair in a flat wrap and when I take it down I style it so that my edges are covered- that way I don't have to deal with manipulating the edges/ nape. Eventually I do want to wear buns though so maybe I'll try tying it down.

Isis, is the Verifen Hairline Creme the only product that you use from this line? If you use other products from this line, how do you like them? TIA

I like Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade and a scarf. I apply it to the edges and the nape and tie it down with a scarf. The scarf takes care of the edges and the pomade defines the curls in thekitchen so it doesn't look so parched and ragged. Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk and Healthy Hair Butter are good also.

I use Elasta's mango butter and some pomade like Aura humectant pomade and it really holds down the fuzz monsters and provides great shine.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm hoping this will help me in my transition. :D This site is helping me to do what I thought was impossible to me! :cool:

For the nape area, I use s-curl or sta sof fro and it usually does the trick but for my sides it doesn't lay it down like I want it.

Back