Constant breakage in same area after giving birth

rere32

14 years ago(after the birth of my first son), I have a spot in the back of my head that breaks off every year. This started right around the 1st year after my sons birth and has continued to this day. It does grow back (with time) however this happens every year around winter/ spring time. Does anybody else experience this problem and if so how did you fix it.

history: been natural for almost 7 years
hairstyles:twist,weaves or just a leave out
shampoo: kera care( just started using about 1.5 years ago)
hair products:sulfur 8(started this week per grandmas advice), jojoba oil,black castor oil and carrot oil.
exercise: 2-3 times a week
vitamins: fish oil, evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, mulit vitamin,vitamin C &D,biotin and MSM

Sorry to hear this! I've had similar struggles during pregnancy/childbirth. Things got a lot better after I started taking iron pills daily. (I was already taking prenatals, fish oil, and biotin.) Have you had your iron levels checked?

Yes, I have always had issues with my iron levels. Once I get my iron to the right level my doctor tells me to stop taken them.

Same here. But when I stopped taking iron, the hair issues returned. So the last time, I continued with the iron after my levels returned to normal--even though the doctor said I could stop taking it. Continuing to take iron seems to have helped tremendously. This is not to say that you should disregard your doctor's advice, but that has been my experience.

Thanks La mosca,
The iron situation just might be the problem I am having. I actually pulled out my bottle last night and took an iron pill before I went to bed.

Back