Comments from co-workers!

Vet27

Hey Ladies,

Over this weekend I had my hair crimp-set(my stylist used setting loiton and plastic pieces to crimp my hair under the dryer) for a B-Day party. When i came to work a caucasian co-worker said, did you get your hair cut? I said no, she then asked if when I wore it staight did I have extensions? I was like no. I went to the kitchen to fix some coffee. My Asian co-worker asked me if I had a hair piece in because it looked thicker. I was like no. I am thinking WTF does it matter?
mad.gif
My hair is about 7-8 inches long when straight. Today I have my hair in a protective bun. My asian co-worker just came into my cubicle and said why is it so tiny you hair is straight back. I said because it is tucked under. Is it just me or do other races find our hair amazing? I am sick of answering questions. My asian friend is never going to understand my hair.

Yvette

Other races do find our hair amazing, but, also our own race sometimes doesn't understand that your real hair will look different when it's styled with rollers or flat ironed or whatever. I get questions most of the time from other blacks, but, then again I am around quite a few blacks in my workplace.

My boss asked me why is my bun bigger on some days than others. Why a 40-year-old+ white man cares two hoots about my hair, I don't understand. I just ignored him and went back to what I was doing before he came over to me asking silly questions.

Tebby

I used to make a crazy face when people would ask, now I just bust out laughing(if its a co-worker)and try to explain. But in the inside I am steaming. Your right PBE, Some people from our own race don't understand. My aunt are amazed at how much my hair has grown. They think its a weave until I let them run there fingers though it.(Can't wait for Thanksgiving) I just feel like if they like it say so, thanks I am doing something right. But don't ask a million questions everytime I change my hair. My asian co-worker even asked how much I had paid for my clip-on ponytail!

Yvette
D-Town

Them white peoples can be really
nut.gif
Still, after almost 3 years at the same place, I can walk in with waist long braids on monday after leaving friday with my fired strands grazing my shoulders and someone will comment on my hair growth or if I "pulled" my hair out to get it that long
headscratch.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nina_deF said:
Them white peoples can be really
nut.gif
Still, after almost 3 years at the same place, I can walk in with waist long braids on monday after leaving friday with my fired strands grazing my shoulders and someone will comment on my hair growth or if I "pulled" my hair out to get it that long
headscratch.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
laugh.gif

I remember when my friend took out her waist legnth braids and was wearing her own hair which is chin length.Some white girls were like "omigod,why did you cut off all your hair!!"
laugh.gif

Isn't that the craziest thing?!?!?!?! I just think to myself, "Yeah, my hair grew 10 inches over the weekend!"
censored.gif
idiots!!!

Ever heard "I can't keep up with your hair" from a caucasian man? I have but in retrospect, it's just too funny
smile.gif

That's funny.

I never get comments from men. Just once a male co-worker was like My-my what a beatuiful coif of hair! I did'nt mind that. I just feel self conscious sometimes.

Vet

[ QUOTE ]
Tebby1017 said:
My boss asked me why is my bun bigger on some days than others. Why a 40-year-old+ white man cares two hoots about my hair, I don't understand. I just ignored him and went back to what I was doing before he came over to me asking silly questions.

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif

Back