Comb Through Before Washing?

TonicaG

TonicaG
Ladies,

I have my hair rod set right now and don't have to comb it, my question is do I need to comb it right before I wash it or can I just wash?

I always comb through my hair prior to washing it. However, I'm not sure how it would be with a rod set. If you do, be gentle in combing it.

I don't comb through before washing. I keep my hair in a bun and my ends sometime looks matted from moisturizing and not combing on a daily basis. Use a silky moisturizer (conditioners from Keracare, NTM, and LeKair are examples). When you are rinsing it out stand under the shower and comb through as the water is pouring over your hair. Be sure to get all your hair before all the conditioner is rince out and use a wide tooth comb. This way I hardly loose any hair.

I try my best to comb through prior to washing, because I'm prone to major tangling. This is worsened once my hair is wet. However, if I can't get the comb through while dry, I use a LOT of creme rinse to gently detangle in the shower.

Keen said:
I don't comb through before washing. I keep my hair in a bun and my ends sometime looks matted from moisturizing and not combing on a daily basis. Use a silky moisturizer (conditioners from Keracare, NTM, and LeKair are examples). When you are rinsing it out stand under the shower and comb through as the water is pouring over your hair. Be sure to get all your hair before all the conditioner is rince out and use a wide tooth comb. This way I hardly loose any hair.

DITTO. If I comb thru before washing, I lose alot more hair, especially if my 4b hair is more than 6 weeks post relaxer! I usually do a good scalp massage and finger comb my dry hair before wash and save the detanging for when hair is totally saturated with condish . . .

Back