Color gone wrong

kitamay

Since joining I have been taking pretty decent care of my hair and I thought out was healthy enough to get highlights. I did and now my hair is breaking an feels like straw,, I'm so upset with myself I don't know what to do. I was finally getting some length,smh, what to do what to do. I'm so sad.

I wash and deep condition once a week. I'm transitioning and have about three inches of new growth.i have been using s curl and Hawaiian silky to moisturize.

Do a VO5 type hot oil treatment weekly or twice a week and moisturize after. Don't use strong heat in your hair and bun it. Get some Aphogee as well.

Thanks. Im going to the store tonight. I am open to any and all ideas. My dh even turned his nose up at my hair

Girl, I know the feeling. My hair actually WAS healthier than the average person; my stylist just bleached/dyed the hell out of it. It was a mess for a long time. Anyway, I know people recommend more protein when they color, but moisture was the key for me. Keep in mind I'm not relaxed; however I do have fine hair so I'm one of the few naturals that does hardcore protein treatments. I actually upped my MOISTURE DC's and have changed my protein from hardcore about every 4 weeks to 1-2x weekly Aphogee 2 minute treatments, with hardcore treatments stretched to every 8 weeks (approximately). This has helped the health of my hair tremendously. Again, I'm completely natural so I'm not sure how your hair will respond, but this works for me.

Natural hair will need more moisture and relaxed hair with color damage needs protein. Moisturize afterwards but do that deep conditioning weekly. Or you could go more organic and use an egg, Greek yogurt, a little tsp of lemon juice, olive oil or Dabur oil and mix with a moisturizing deep conditioner like Elasta or something. Leave in for a few hours.

Thanks. Im going to the store tonight. I am open to any and all ideas. My dh even turned his nose up at my hair

kitamay I am a fan of Aphogee 2-step...It is a lifesaver when it comes to keeping the colored hair on your head...pm me if you have any other questions, I'll be glad to give you a step by step! :yep:

I agree with the aphogee and up your moisture. I would also bun for a while and please stay away from the heat!

I would say moisturize your hair. This happened to me about three years ago, my hair broke off to just under my earlobes but I had MB length hair. I had gotten color, I didn't recognize right away that my hair war breaking off but when I did, I washed often and moisture, sealing and ps was key for me. This board helped to nurture it back and my hair is MB again.

Girl, I know the feeling. My hair actually WAS healthier than the average person; my stylist just bleached/dyed the hell out of it. It was a mess for a long time. Anyway, I know people recommend more protein when they color, but moisture was the key for me. Keep in mind I'm not relaxed; however I do have fine hair so I'm one of the few naturals that does hardcore protein treatments. I actually upped my MOISTURE DC's and have changed my protein from hardcore about every 4 weeks to 1-2x weekly Aphogee 2 minute treatments, with hardcore treatments stretched to every 8 weeks (approximately). This has helped the health of my hair tremendously. Again, I'm completely natural so I'm not sure how your hair will respond, but this works for me.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still learning the protein moisture balance myself. I did a couple of protein treatments and that seemed to make my hair feel very stiff. The breakage has slowed down, but it still feels kind of hard. I think I may need to look for a good moisturizer.

Natural hair will need more moisture and relaxed hair with color damage needs protein. Moisturize afterwards but do that deep conditioning weekly. Or you could go more organic and use an egg, Greek yogurt, a little tsp of lemon juice, olive oil or Dabur oil and mix with a moisturizing deep conditioner like Elasta or something. Leave in for a few hours.

I think that is where I am running into a conflict. I don't want to BC, but each part of my hair needs something different.:nono:

Back